• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Checking in and updating.

Queenie10

Hi Everybody;

I haven't been on here much since going back to work a month ago. I hit the ground running, starting back to work on Monday and having to go on my first business trip on Wednesday. That was an interesting experience. I was still at the point where I could not eat raw fruit or veggies, so salads were out, which made finding anything to eat at the airports very difficult. I basically stuck to the turkey and cheese insides of the sandwiches I could get both at the meetings and airports. Everything else was either too high in sugar, carbs or fat!

I am doing OK I guess. 14 weeks out and I have lost 51 lbs. The weight loss has slowed down, but I see by reading a lot of posts on here that it is not unusual. I have not been getting enough exercise since going back to work. And Now I have a sinus infection and bronchitis, so not going to embark on a new exercise program until I get past this. In fact I am home from work today because my son is sick too, and hence I get a chance to log on and catch up here.

We are installing a swimming pool this summer so I am planning on using it daily to get more exercise in. :) But it won't be finished until the middle to end of August, so I am not there yet. Fortunately I am in Southern California, so I will be able to use it most of the year, providing I keep it heated. My kids are so excited about it!!

The biggest problem for me is dehydration. I can't seem to get enough to drink. I drink water or flavored sugar-free beverages constantly. I never leave home or go anywhere, even meetings, without my drink. But I am still thirsty and have the expected symptoms of dehydration. Dark urine, too little of it, headache, and most significantly, I don't have to get up to pee when I wake up at night! That is really weird! I am so jealous when my hubby or kids come in and fill a tall glass of ice water and chug it back! I mass that more than food! But that is probably because I am thirsty, whereas I am seldom hungry.

Food has lost it's appeal, which is fine with me. Nothing tastes good anyway. But that is what I was hoping for. I am so afraid of stretching out my pouch that I am afraid to eat out. Eating too fast is the enemy. I can eat too much before I know it, then I suffer from pain, and anxiety about stretching my pouch. I am getting most of my protein in, but need a protein shake or bar every day to make up the deficit.

I really feel like I have fully healed from the surgery now. I have no meds at all, which is the BIG upside to this surgery for me! And my carpal tunnel in my left wrist, and the plantar fasceitis in both heels is almost fully resolved. I was intending on having surgery for all of them pre-surgery, but now I don't need any of them. How great is that???

I guess I don't really have a question to post, since other posts and comments I read before starting this thread answered the concerns I had when I logged on an hour ago.

Take care all!

Hi Queenie. It's great to hear from you. It sounds like everything is going great (except the sinus infection) you have done really good on your weight loss, you must be tossing out cloths like crazy, but don't buy a lot of new stuff yet:D It is so good to hear you wont be needing any more medical procedures or to take any more medicines, that is one of the things the WLS is supposed to help us with, not evry one has quite a success story as yours but most do, it cured my high BP and cholesterol, both have been normal for two years now. Keep up the good work and get well soon. :cool: Tom

Queenie-Congratulations on your weight loss. It's great you will be having a pool soon. It sounds like it will be finished by the time you are recovered from bronchitis. When you order food in a restaurant try ordering an appetizer if they offer something you can eat. It's a smaller portion and you won't have to worry about over eating. Or have your wait person bring you a carryout container when you are served so you can put the extra food away before you start to eat. When I used to work I would go out to lunch with another co-worker and we would sometimes share a meal. Since my WLS I have had exactly one restaurant meal. I don't miss eating in restaurants one bit :) :) :) I hope you feel better soon. Make sure to let us know how you are doing.

Hi Queenie. Glad you checked in. I think travelling would be very difficult, with all the food choices out there. Have you tried packing some of the foods you eat at home? That's what I'm going to do when I take a trip in August. If I don't I'll just go through the drive-throughs, and there's not much in a fast food restaurant that's not full of fat, sugar and carbs. Congrats on clearing up your other medical problems. But carpal tunnel? I don't see the connection

Back