• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Confession

Dcepello

Time to come clean, for the past two months, I have been stuck at 213 pounds. I thought I've plateaued and it will pass. After a few weeks, nothing still stuck. I said its time to step it up. I've been walking to work and back including steps at work I am averaging five miles a day walking. Okay, I thought I will add stairs to my routine, fourteen stories a day sometimes twice a day, five times a week. My food intake remained constant. After two weeks of this regiment, I was totally exhausted and I gained four pounds. After dropping the stairs I lost the four pounds. I am near the end of my weight loss program my original goal was one hundred and eighty pounds but now I realize that would be too much. I brought this up a my live support group and they said I look fine. I have another twenty pounds to lose, which I do. I desperately want to go sub two hundred and say, that's it and go on a maintenance diet. So close but yet, so far.

213 pound barrier

Hate to hear this. It is great you are seeking advice but have you called your team? I have heard the last 20 are the hardest and the head games get serious. I hope you are able to start the loss again soon. Also, if you work out that much you make want to go in for a BMI test. I don't know how much muscle you have put on but sometimes those that exercise have to be measured to make sure of their body fat percent. I know people in the military that have to be "taped" because they have so much muscle the weight graph shows they are obese. Another thing may be to see a Dr about how much extra skin you are carrying around. I am addicted to the extreme makeover weight loss series and it stuns me the number of lbs of skin removed from some of those people. Just ideas!

Best wishes and thanks for all your advice in the past

Thank you Cal, no reason for you to be overly concerned. My plan includes a mental catharsis to prepare myself for that final push towards my goal. Everyone deludes themselves to some extent and I am no exception. I love my Chardonnay and dark chocolate covered almonds. Now that I've come clean I put them behind me and face the challenge a head.

Onward through the fog.

You have lost a great deal of weight in 6 months. Your body might be taking a break. I am 14 months out and still not at goal. May and June I lost 7 pounds total. Then this month I lost 10 and really did not do anything different. Go figure. My goal is 140, but my ultimate goal is lower. First things first. Keep trucking.

Back