• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Decaffeinated coffee

mergatroid

Does anyone know if my instant decaffeinated coffee would count toward my daily liquid intake? I know regular coffee is a diuretic but was curious about instant decaf.

Yes, any non-caffeinated, non-carbonated and sugar free beverage counts towards your daily fluid goal.

Be careful with the decaf coffee. You need to talk to your nutritionist or surgeon to see when you can start drinking it after surgery. You may have to wait a short while because of the acidity. My surgeon told me I could go back to regular coffee 3 months after surgery, but again, speak to your nutritionist or surgeon about this first. Also, ounce for ounce, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and protein drinks (low carb) also count towards your daily fluid goal.

Hi Mergatroid. I had to wait like Pat did to have my coffe because of the acidity in it, I don't drink decafe so that question never came up, let us know what you find out I am sure others will want to know. :cool: Tom

Back