• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

do not be discouraged

well I guess tat I am going to reach my goal weight slowly. I was stuck at 200 lbs for over a year and now i am at 195. I am learning to accept that all those closthes I had at 150 are just going to have to put awayy and get me clothes that firt. I get depressed when I ry something on an nd it does not fi. especially I have shirts that fit but my bat wings are just not acceptable. pants don't firt over my apron...so I am going through my close and will give some of my clothes away to someone who can get some use out of them. I amm sort of excited though becuse 195-160 is only 35 lbs. I am determined to get there. everyone out ther who is disallusioned or depressed just hang in there. It will all happen in time and that is th key we want everything right now. When I had my surgery in 2003 they did not remove the apron and I still have it..so what as I lose it goes dow alittle. I am into some pants that i couldt wear. If you wantto get discouraged listen to this. My weight was 160 and I had a car wreck and fractured my back, became totally sedentary and what I ate just put weight on me to the tue of 215 ls. Now after 4 years I have lost to 195. so see it can be discouraging tous all. A little prayer n the side helps.patti

Hi Patti, it is good to hear from you:D I am glad to hear your meal plan is still working out, it can be so easy to get discouraged, I am so happy to hear you broke that 200 milestone. I am 2 years out and it seems like the weight is coming off slow but I am teetiring between 185 and 180 but I need to stop weighing everyday I know that is not good practice I need to stick to my regular saturday weigh in, yippy it's saturday:rolleyes: Keep up the good work and thanks for the encouraging words. :cool: Tom

Back