• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Do yourself a favor and get out a measuring tape

lsales4363

One of the things I really wish I had done was get out the measuring tape and get some "before" measurements. I do have one blouse I got at work (logo wear). When I got it 6 months ago, I couldn't button the bottom button. I wore it today and it is very loose. So, I know that with the scale going down, the inches are too. It would have been nice to see the numbers.

One of the things I really wish I had done was get out the measuring tape and get some "before" measurements. I do have one blouse I got at work (logo wear). When I got it 6 months ago, I couldn't button the bottom button. I wore it today and it is very loose. So, I know that with the scale going down, the inches are too. It would have been nice to see the numbers.

I also didn't do any "before" measurements. I didn't even get any "before" pictures because I was so upset with myself for getting so heavy that I didn't want any pictures. Now I kinda wish I would have done both pics and measurements just cause then I could gage my progress. Oh well... I know I'm making progress cause my stretch pants are falling down and they drag the ground and I trip over the pants legs. I hold them up by the legs when I walk like someone holding up their floor length dress.. lol.. Actually I just bought 2 pair of Hanes jogging pants (5.99 each) in a much smaller size and they fit good!. I also have one pair of jeans that fit pretty good. I don't want to buy too much new clothes because I'll be shrinking down. :cool:

I also didn't do any "before" measurements. I didn't even get any "before" pictures because I was so upset with myself for getting so heavy that I didn't want any pictures. Now I kinda wish I would have done both pics and measurements just cause then I could gage my progress. Oh well... I know I'm making progress cause my stretch pants are falling down and they drag the ground and I trip over the pants legs. I hold them up by the legs when I walk like someone holding up their floor length dress.. lol.. Actually I just bought 2 pair of Hanes jogging pants (5.99 each) in a much smaller size and they fit good!. I also have one pair of jeans that fit pretty good. I don't want to buy too much new clothes because I'll be shrinking down. :cool:

So OK, you didn't do the "original " before pictures. Start taking pictures now. It will still be a wonderful journey to document with pictures. Even at 278 and heading down you will see dramatic changes. I also bet you can find at least one picture somewhere when you were at your heaviest weight or close to it.

:)

Ralph

So OK, you didn't do the "original " before pictures. Start taking pictures now. It will still be a wonderful journey to document with pictures. Even at 278 and heading down you will see dramatic changes. I also bet you can find at least one picture somewhere when you were at your heaviest weight or close to it.

:)

Ralph

Hi Ralph.. yep, I'm sure there is a picture or two around here somewhere. I'll have to look. I guess I'll start pictures and measurements now.. better late than never!!! :)

Definitely better late than never. I have a picture of me the day of surgery and one from last month. It is amazing to look at, I can't believe how far I've come.

1005032_10152069564244906_822545766_n.jpg

Nice tie Frank! :)

What a difference.

This is so important to do.

I find myself smiling already when I look at my two pictures. I think the next picture I take will be when I am around 220 or so. Then compare that again back to my 288 picture.

Fantastic.

Ralph

Great job Frank

My team did a picture and measurements just be surgery. I am glad they did as the weight and inches declined fast enough that I didn't think about it. I do measure now mostly because the blasted scale will not move.
Good luck Isales and yes measure yourself often.

Great job Frank

My team did a picture and measurements just be surgery. I am glad they did as the weight and inches declined fast enough that I didn't think about it. I do measure now mostly because the blasted scale will not move.
Good luck Isales and yes measure yourself often.

Remember the scale is only one of so many measurements of progress. It will happen.

Back