• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Does anyone Like to Pen Pal

channing28105

I am wondering does anyone like to pen pals I am always looking for email pen pals that will answer short letters with questions like for example:
1. Do you have any pets?
2. Do you like music?
3. What type of music do you like?
4. Do you like Church Bells-Carillons?

Channing

Making friends online is a very murky area for me. But in this group if people have something to share, I would much rather they post to the forums and help keep the group active so it doesn't fall into disrepair like it was when I arrived here in March. There were five or six of us talking to each other at that point but everyone else had dropped out and no one was sticking around, it seemed.

Our little group worked really hard to welcome all newcomers and to try to encourage old-timers to come back to the group. That's the reason it grew to be a solid resource for people who are having surgery or are post-op.

So I would suggest that if what you have to say is about your weight or your surgery, you say it here in a forum and let all of us who are your friends comment on it to you. It seems like poaching to find a group for the purpose of picking off one or two or three people you can have private relationships with. IMO!

Back