• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dreams Before Surgery

Did anyone have any crazy dreams before surgery? I keep having reoccurring dreams that either a. I wake up from my surgery ravenously hungry and wanting to eat everything in sight or b. I keep identically eating things.:( Did anyone else experience this?!

Lindsayeliza-I didn't have any crazy dreams before surgery but if I were you I would certainly be enjoying all of that calorie free food you are dreaming about :) :) :)

Hi Lindsay, I don't remember any crazy dreams before surgery but that was over two years ago so I may have forgotten them. I have had the terrible dreams of gaining back all my weight I lost and being back at square one, then I wake up terrified until I realize it was a dream. I think it is our brain reacting to stress. If you have a support group you go to that would be a good place to bring it up, I bet your not alone with that dream. :cool: Tom

I had dreams, but not about food. Now mind you I use a walker when out in open places due to frequent falls but not here at home. My dreams were about getting stuck miles from home and having to trot or run all the way home and I always managed to do it. The other funny thing is that the PA at the Center said, "Joy, you need to get your heart rate up so when you can't swim you need to think about jogging". My reply was "M---- it ain't gonna happen". He laughed. I have terribly arthritic feet so running or jogging is out of the question. He knew that.

Back