• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Exercise tracker

Wow, I'm so happy for you, mostly about the headaches, I don't get migraines, but I hear they can get really bad, I hope the meds get out of your system quickly and then it is time to hit the pavement, and wear out those sneakers lol
Funny you said wear out my sneakers. I bought a new pair right before I got sick. Can't wait to wear them!

Migraines do suck. I've had them for 26 years and forget what life was like before them. They are very debilitating.

How has your exercise been going? Anymore hikes? I had 40 minutes of no migraine pain yesterday and hoping for more today. If this keeps up, I might get to go on a walk this afternoon!!! :)

No news is bad news lol, I had a massive headache on Sunday so I didn't exercise, instead I took a three hour nap , and yesterday I worked from 8:45am till 730pm, and then off to dart practice, I didn't get home till 10 last night, but today I plan on exercising, my friend is coming over to do it with me, she was supposed to come on Sunday to, but with me not feeling well, it got postponed, I think it is just the stress of the MRI on Friday, not looking forward to that, and I'm so happy you had a great day finally, I might take that hike today, the client I'm with is able-bodied, and I think he liked it last time we did it

No news is bad news lol, I had a massive headache on Sunday so I didn't exercise, instead I took a three hour nap , and yesterday I worked from 8:45am till 730pm, and then off to dart practice, I didn't get home till 10 last night, but today I plan on exercising, my friend is coming over to do it with me, she was supposed to come on Sunday to, but with me not feeling well, it got postponed, I think it is just the stress of the MRI on Friday, not looking forward to that, and I'm so happy you had a great day finally, I might take that hike today, the client I'm with is able-bodied, and I think he liked it last time we did it
I am so sorry to hear you had such a bad headache on Sunday. Maybe you caught it from me. :) I hope you are able to get together with your friend today. I wish I could say not to worry about your MRI, but I am terrible about doing them. Too small for me. Have they said how long you will have to wait for results? That will be the worst part, I'm sure. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Forgot to mention, I just had an hour and 45 minutes of no pain. Hoping to have more of that later today as my daughter is taking her puppy to a friend's house this afternoon, so that leaves me free to go on a walk with my dog. Not going to push it, but looking forward to getting out.

I didn't go on my hike today, but my friend did come over and I did an half hour on the recombent, the AC was on, but I still sweat my butt off, but it will be worth it in the end, I'm so happy you are feeling better, I think I did catch that headache from you lol, and I'm not sure how long it will take to get the results back, I figured Monday or Tuesday, I hope anyway, I have been googling all this, and that is not a good thing, so I need to stop, luckily I have work to help keep my mind off of it

I didn't go on my hike today, but my friend did come over and I did an half hour on the recombent, the AC was on, but I still sweat my butt off, but it will be worth it in the end, I'm so happy you are feeling better, I think I did catch that headache from you lol, and I'm not sure how long it will take to get the results back, I figured Monday or Tuesday, I hope anyway, I have been googling all this, and that is not a good thing, so I need to stop, luckily I have work to help keep my mind off of it
Glad you did get exercise in. I'm feeling crappy again tonight, but thankful for the time of feeling good that I had. I sure hope you don't have to wait beyond Tuesday for the results.

I got on the recombent for a half hour yesterday, and then had to run to a meeting, I was lucky to get chosen for a research project, it is kinda like group therapy for bariatric patients, so that will help me stay on track plus I get paid to be there lol,, two for one deal. Yesterday was the first meeting and we reviewed the things we should be eating and what to avoid. We also had a lesson on how to brainstorm a problem we are experiencing, and how we can overcome it, I have homework to do for that one, I know I have some issues to work on, like how to stop buying things I can't eat and then making my husband eat them or take them to work with him lol, just one of many

I got on the recombent for a half hour yesterday, and then had to run to a meeting, I was lucky to get chosen for a research project, it is kinda like group therapy for bariatric patients, so that will help me stay on track plus I get paid to be there lol,, two for one deal. Yesterday was the first meeting and we reviewed the things we should be eating and what to avoid. We also had a lesson on how to brainstorm a problem we are experiencing, and how we can overcome it, I have homework to do for that one, I know I have some issues to work on, like how to stop buying things I can't eat and then making my husband eat them or take them to work with him lol, just one of many
That research project sounds awesome! I'm glad you were picked. I'm jealous. I hope you learn lots of useful things. I could have probably had a refresher on what to eat and what not to eat.

I had to fill out a survey before and got paid 50$ and I fill another one out at the end for same price, and 15$ for each session, it's a small chunk of change but I will take it, and I think the classes will be very helpful, they said they will offer them to people after they are done with the project, but they don't get paid

I had to fill out a survey before and got paid 50$ and I fill another one out at the end for same price, and 15$ for each session, it's a small chunk of change but I will take it, and I think the classes will be very helpful, they said they will offer them to people after they are done with the project, but they don't get paid
You really lucked out to get in now. Extra money is always nice. How long does this last?

8 weeks , I also am part of another study, it is a kidney function one, I had to have blood work done twice before surgery and twice after and I get 100$ each time, I just went for my third visit, should be getting that check in the mail soon, I wish they had one for skin removal, I would be on that in a heartbeat lol

Just ordered a treadmill. Figure I'll be better at walking having it. Im supposed to get it on the 14th. Hopefully hubby will be able to put it together quickly.

Even though it hasn't been a lot, the little bit of exercise I've been doing has helped me some. I lost 5.4 lbs this week. I'm down 117 lbs now!!![/QUOTE you have passed me, I better get on the ball, but today was not a good day, I was eating licorice to help calm my nerves, the doc gave me some meds for the MRI, I think I fell asleep during it lol, so maybe I didn't need the candy, now I'm going to have to work extra hard to burn those calories, well once my stomach stops hurting ugh

Back