• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Favorite Protein Shake?

I prefer to make my own with Herbalife - I use formula 1 Chocolate and PDM to make my Chocolate Cake batter shake! But I do drink the premiere protein chocolate shake but I usually tweak it for more protein and less sweet taste. I tweak most everything I eat or drink.

I like Premier Protein Shakes (ready made). My preferred flavors are Latte, Chocolate, Banana and when available Pumpkin Pie. I also like Bariatric Fusion Chicken Soup (powdered mix).
I dislike most of them...or should I say my body does. I have had the best luck post surgery with unjury unflavored powder. Pre surgery i enjoyed premiere protein.
Thank you!

I like Aldi Elevation Protein Powder in chocolate. I don't really enjoy any of the pre-made shakes. With the powder I can add ice which improves the texture for me. I can also doctor it up with PB Fit, bananas or frozen fruit to change the flavor. Also it's very inexpensive compared to the premade.

I like Aldi Elevation Protein Powder in chocolate. I don't really enjoy any of the pre-made shakes. With the powder I can add ice which improves the texture for me. I can also doctor it up with PB Fit, bananas or frozen fruit to change the flavor. Also it's very inexpensive compared to the premade.
Thank you!

I was in Aldi yesterday and they didn't have it. They only had the ready made. I decided not to buy it at this time but have you tried the ready made?

I recently reordered my protein and was going to consider trying the fairlife ones...however after reading the reviews I will never be able to. Many complaints starting this past summer about finding worms in it.

Last edited:
My first introduction to protien shakes was in 2012. A coworker was selling Body by Vi protein powder. The site online has a tremendous amount of recipes for all kinds of shakes. My constant is choc protein powder with fairlife choc milk with one spoon fiber and 1/4 tsp mint or Carmel extract. For a fruit shake I use 1 cup almond milk frozen fruit soy protein and 1 tsp orange fiber. Keep the intestines moving.

Back