• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Favorite Protein Shake?

Unjury protein powder

Attachments

• 647B84D8-B593-4E2E-92C2-9008625B238F.jpeg
    647B84D8-B593-4E2E-92C2-9008625B238F.jpeg
    716.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 97450E28-BBD7-48E5-9C97-F819B194F551.jpeg
    97450E28-BBD7-48E5-9C97-F819B194F551.jpeg
    760.9 KB · Views: 113
I drank them for 2 1/2 months after my surgery and would honestly throw up if I even had a taste. Making your own is so easy, much less expensive and taste great. I made a chocolate cherry smoothie this morning with a scoop of UnJury protein powder, Greek fat free yogurt, frozen cherries, one Majool date, 2 tablespoons coco, 1/2 c 1% milk. It was delicious with 33 grams of protein, lots of calcium and antioxidants.

Premier Protein cafe latte is the BEST you must try!!!
All of the premier shakes I add ice to them and I put them in my favorite coffee mug, it’s like I’m drinking an ice coffee. Very easy going down and enjoyable
I’m going to try the 4 pack from Walmart before committing to the big boxes at Costco, but I think it’d be worth a try. I also need to get more protein water. Love the coconut Protein2O

I like the chocolate premier protein shakes. I want to also try their caramel & cafe latte flavors. I’ve also been drinking the premier protein clear tropical punch flavor. It’s 20g of protein but it’s kinda sweet so I dilute it with water.

I think you will probs find the carmel to be too strong/sweet. I tried the protein water before surgery and found it way to sweet/nasty. Prior to surgery I used to drink all flavors but vanilla of the protein now post I can only do the coffee and chocolate and even those are hit or miss on how my stomach tolerates them.

Last edited:
Unjury protein powder

This is also what I use for the most part. No taste and texture is what I need. I throw it into a smoothie daily. Today's was a blueberry one with half cup blueberries and one container of light and fit blueberry yogurt.

I will occasionally have a premier protein or take a shake and throw in some fruit. Today I had a coffee one with a banana added.

The unjury doesnt bother my stomach at all

This is also what I use for the most part. No taste and texture is what I need. I throw it into a smoothie daily. Today's was a blueberry one with half cup blueberries and one container of light and fit blueberry yogurt.

I will occasionally have a premier protein or take a shake and throw in some fruit. Today I had a coffee one with a banana added.

The unjury doesnt bother my stomach at all
I love the Unjury protein powder too. It doesn’t bother my stomach either. Tomorrow I’m making a peanut butter and jelly protein smoothie. I make it with Unjury protein powder, a tablespoon of peanut butter, frozen blueberries, a majool date, 3/4 cup 1%milk.

I like the chocolate premier protein shakes. I want to also try their caramel & cafe latte flavors. I’ve also been drinking the premier protein clear tropical punch flavor. It’s 20g of protein but it’s kinda sweet so I dilute it with water.
I have the Premier clear shakes and I don't like them. That is a good idea to dilute it with water. I will give that a try. I hate for them to go to waste. BTW, I love the cafe latte Premier Shake. Keep in mind that it does have caffeine so you might want to limit that one to one a day.

I've been using Isopure, Gatorade, and Astroflav protein powder shakes so far.
Isopure was my first purchase, and my least favorite. They're tolerable when I add a scoop of Naked PB powder to them.
Gatorade protein shakes are better, with less blandness, but a bit harder to blend than Isopure.
Astroflav is the only one I 100% enjoy without adding anything else. Mixes and goes down well.
Also mix all my drinks in a Blendjet 2, for reference.

I was getting from my hospital pharmacy now I order directly from the company on-line UNJURY Medical Quality Protein & Vitamins- Homepage
Yes, directly online. If you do a subscrib and and save you save a couple of bucks but I dont think the price is that bad especially since it doesn't bother my stomach at all which is great because most other protein shakes do a body cleanse. It was what was recommended by my nutritionist to try when I was having struggles with the premier.

Good to know. I'm going to branch out and try some other protein drinks/powders when I need to get more. At first I didn't really like powders but found that I had to blend it in my ninja with ice and milk so it tastes and feels like a milkshake. When I just used a shaker bottle I didn't care for it.

Good to know. I'm going to branch out and try some other protein drinks/powders when I need to get more. At first I didn't really like powders but found that I had to blend it in my ninja with ice and milk so it tastes and feels like a milkshake. When I just used a shaker bottle I didn't care for it.

I have mixed it in food but blend it in to my smoothies with a blend jet 2. Don't notice it in anything but like typical protein gets a bit "fluffy" when blended in a more liquid consistancy than thicker.

Yes, directly online. If you do a subscrib and and save you save a couple of bucks but I dont think the price is that bad especially since it doesn't bother my stomach at all which is great because most other protein shakes do a body cleanse. It was what was recommended by my nutritionist to try when I was having struggles with the premier.
There’s no taste to Unjury protein powder. I just ordered the vanilla and chocolate. It should be delivered soon. I’ll let you know how it it. I know the unflavored is great with no gritty or chalky texture.

I recently reordered my protein and was going to consider trying the fairlife ones...however after reading the reviews I will never be able to. Many complaints starting this past summer about finding worms in it.
If someone had worms in their Fairlife I would assume that it was well past the expiration data. I have been drinking Fairlife twice a day since my operation in June and used to drink other variations of Fairlife before and have never had any issues with worms.

Please don't say something cautionary about a product WITHOUT DIRECT PROOF. UNLESS IT HAPPENED TO You, it's a rumor, and when put in writing, it is LEGALLY libelous. We have freedom of speech, but libel and slander laws exist for a reason. Please cite your source.

I have NEVER heard this allegation. Such rumors could keep people from doing something that could save lives.

Further, the company could take action against you AND this group.

Back