• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Favorite Protein Shake?

The coffee flavor is great and hopefully they will start to get more distribution in place for the different flavors. I would have to imagine now that Coke (i believe they own 100% of it now) that the will be able to use their marketing and influence with the retailers to get the additional flavors in wider availability.

Please don't say something cautionary about a product WITHOUT DIRECT PROOF. UNLESS IT HAPPENED TO You, it's a rumor, and when put in writing, it is LEGALLY libelous. We have freedom of speech, but libel and slander laws exist for a reason. Please cite your source.

I have NEVER heard this allegation. Such rumors could keep people from doing something that could save lives.

Further, the company could take action against you AND this group.
Great point Diane!

Premier Protein cafe latte is the BEST you must try!!!
All of the premier shakes I add ice to them and I put them in my favorite coffee mug, it’s like I’m drinking an ice coffee. Very easy going down and enjoyable
Is it okay to have the cafe latte since it has caffeine? I thought caffeine was a no no for a while after surgery. Let me know if you know, I am sure that flavor is the only one I will really like over a period of time. Thanks!

I love the premier protein shakes. My fave is chocolate! Still drinking them 2.5 months post op. I also hear the cafe latte is really good but it does contain caffeine. Still haven’t added caffeine back into my diet.

I'm 13 days pre surgery. I researched extensively because my body doesn't like any artificial sweetener. I found MET-Rx Natural Whey Protein Powder on Amazon which only has Stevia. The price was incredible so I got 15 pounds. The chocolate was the only one specially priced. (since gone up). I had been adding frozen Blueberries or Bananas and was afraid that I wouldn't like it without. Yesterday was my first day on liquid diet and I thought it was delish. I also added to plain Greek yogurt and it taste like chocolate pudding.

I'm 13 days pre surgery. I researched extensively because my body doesn't like any artificial sweetener. I found MET-Rx Natural Whey Protein Powder on Amazon which only has Stevia. The price was incredible so I got 15 pounds. The chocolate was the only one specially priced. (since gone up). I had been adding frozen Blueberries or Bananas and was afraid that I wouldn't like it without. Yesterday was my first day on liquid diet and I thought it was delish. I also added to plain Greek yogurt and it taste like chocolate pudding.

Have you looked at Unjury unflavored? I can't do most sweetners as it triggers migraines. I use this fine.

I prefer any vanilla protein powder, since I like to doll up my food and increase the protein grams. That's my daily goal--get 50 to 70 grams of protein, then relax and enjoy the food I eat the rest of the day.

I can add peanut butter powder, vanilla and believe it or not, sno-cone flavorings! I love malted milk, chocolate, and other sweets.

I also get unflavored and add savory seasonings or a dab of tomato paste. There are so many packets of dry flavoring mixes, I never get bored. Cold, heated, stirred into soup or sprinkled onto veggies or salads--It's all good!

Your imagination is your only limitation.

Last edited:
I prefer any vanilla protein powder, since I like to doll up my food and increase the protein grams. That's my daily goal--get 50 to 70 grams of protein, then relax and enjoy the food I eat the test of the day.

I can add peanut butter powder, vanilla and believe it or not, sno-cone flavorings! I love malted milk, chocolate, and other sweets.

I also get unflavored and add savory seasonings or a dab of tomato paste. There are so many packets of dry flavoring mixes, I never get bored. Cold, heated, stirred into soup or sprinkled onto veggies or salads--It's all good!

Your imagination is your only limitation.
Thanks Diane. When you say so many packets of dry flavored mixes what do you mean? Protein powder or things to mix in? Or both lol!

Thanks Diane. When you say so many packets of dry flavored mixes what do you mean? Protein powder or things to mix in? Or both lol!
Protein powder is the base. You can add taco or Italian seasonings or a teaspoon or sprinkle of one of these:
20210418_090002.jpg

Back