• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

February Challenge

KayB

I thought I would keep the challenge going by posting this thread. It helps keep me accountable.

You may list whichever categories you like when posting to the challenge. I choose to focus on calories because I want to drop weight. Unfortunately, I didn't lose much after surgery.

Won't you join the challenge?

Kay

Day 1

Calories:
Protein: 58
Water: 94
Vitamins: yes
Movement: extra walking at work

This month could be dangerous for me. Super Bowl Sunday (too bad the Forty-Niners won't be there), my birthday, Valentine's Day, my anniversary. Too many opportunities to consume extra calories!

I thought I would keep the challenge going by posting this thread. It helps keep me accountable.

You may list whichever categories you like when posting to the challenge. I choose to focus on calories because I want to drop weight. Unfortunately, I didn't lose much after surgery.

Won't you join the challenge?

Kay
Sure will Kay, thanks for starting up the thread! Good luck to all of us!!

Day 1

I am going back to my old way of tracking in this thread. Like Kay, I am trying to drop weight so will focus on calories and getting my protein in.

Calories: 1040
Protein: 75
Water: 81
Exercise/Movement Yes
Habit tracker: 13/13

Luckily except for Super Bowl Sunday I don't anticipate any celebrations to throw me off. We always have tons of food that evening. Maybe we all should share recipes for healthy Super Bowl party food. Will need to put my thinking cap on and/or search my recipes.

Day 2

Calories:
1, 090
Protein: 72
Water: 77
Movement: extra walking at work

Weekly weigh-in: 192.3

I'm a little bummed that I've only lost 2.7 pounds since I started this plan/diet on January 18. I can't go much below 1,200 calories a day, or I don't have the stamina to do my job. Maybe I'll go for walks this weekend.

Oh well. I'll just keep plugging away! Also, Judy, I don't have any healthy snack food recipes to share, sorry. I really don't cook much.

I'm a little bummed that I've only lost 2.7 pounds since I started this plan/diet on January 18. I can't go much below 1,200 calories a day, or I don't have the stamina to do my job. Maybe I'll go for walks this weekend.

Oh well. I'll just keep plugging away! Also, Judy, I don't have any healthy snack food recipes to share, sorry. I really don't cook much.

Kay, slow and steady is just fine. As long as the scale goes in the right direction, you will get there! I often have difficulty staying under 1200 calories. What does help me is to have protein shakes instead of breakfast or lunch and that will cut it down somewhat.

As for healthy snack recipes, I will try to do a post as we get closer to the super bowl of some suggestions. I will also try to find some that aren't really cooking too but just healthy suggestions.

Around here the Bengals are almost everyone's favorite team, as are the Cincinnati Reds. So lots of folks are gonna be cheering them on, including me since the Steelers or Browns aren't in.

Definitely would like healthy Super Bowl snack ideas. I figured that refried bean dip with salsa, cheese & lightly topped with sour cream & green onios would work. Maybe celery sticks & baby carrots to dip in the dip.

Around here the Bengals are almost everyone's favorite team, as are the Cincinnati Reds. So lots of folks are gonna be cheering them on, including me since the Steelers or Browns aren't in.

Definitely would like healthy Super Bowl snack ideas. I figured that refried bean dip with salsa, cheese & lightly topped with sour cream & green onios would work. Maybe celery sticks & baby carrots to dip in the dip.

Yum! Sounds good to me! I'll be routing for the Bengals even though they beat Kansas City, LOL. Always love to see a team who has never won before finally win. And since no NY team is in it, or as you said the Steelers (my son went to University of Pittsburgh) Cincinnati is my choice. :)

Day 3

Calories:
Protein: 86
Water: 84
Exercise/Movement Yes

Had my wellness checkup with my primary yesterday. I am reducing my Paxil from 30 to 20 (this is the 2nd reduction in the last year) I am hoping I can sustain a smaller amount and keep panic attacks at bay. He also did bloodwork while I was there so I didn't have to go out this morning on the icy roads (love my doctor!) as I had an 8:30 am appointment today in the freezing rain. So far the Iron results came back in and I'm within normal range. I always have a problem with low Iron so I was happy to see my supplement is helping. Curious to see the rest of the results.

Day 3

Calories:
Protein: 86
Water: 84
Exercise/Movement Yes

Had my wellness checkup with my primary yesterday. I am reducing my Paxil from 30 to 20 (this is the 2nd reduction in the last year) I am hoping I can sustain a smaller amount and keep panic attacks at bay. He also did bloodwork while I was there so I didn't have to go out this morning on the icy roads (love my doctor!) as I had an 8:30 am appointment today in the freezing rain. So far the Iron results came back in and I'm within normal range. I always have a problem with low Iron so I was happy to see my supplement is helping. Curious to see the rest of the results.
I had my 6 month wellness check with my pcp also. She said my wt loss is right on track, and all my blood work was fine (except Vit B12 too high so now I take it every other day). My blood pressure is way too high on 1/2 dose of my med, so I'm back to a whole tablet again. She said my original rapid wt loss lowered it temporarily, but genetics can play a role in it staying high now that my wt loss has slowed. I don't need to go back now for 6 months. Glad yours went so well also.

Day 4

Calories:
Protein: 58
Water: 66
Movement: none

Today was rough. I woke up with such a headache that I had to call in sick. Then I went over my calories.

Judy, I am sorry you have to deal with icy rain and streets. I'm in central California, and it only very rarely gets below freezing. Then everyone complains!

Back