• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

February Challenge

Day 8

Calories:
Protein: 58
Water: 72
Vitamins: yes
Movement: extra walking at work

Today was a very busy day. I was so occupied that I almost forgot to be hungry. After work I got a pedicure. It's hard for me to reach my own toenails.

NSV: I no longer need my bra extender!

Day 9

Calories:
Ugh, was doing well until after dinner and just fell apart. :confused:
Protein: 78 +
Water: 69 Probably should have just drank more water. :(
Exercise/Movement: No, and that didn't help either.
Habit tracker: 11/13

How is it that sometimes the mindset is so strong and other times very weak?

Day 9

Calories:
Ugh, was doing well until after dinner and just fell apart. :confused:
Protein: 78 +
Water: 69 Probably should have just drank more water. :(
Exercise/Movement: No, and that didn't help either.
Habit tracker: 11/13

How is it that sometimes the mindset is so strong and other times very weak?
Guess that's a struggle that's been going on for 2000+ years, i.e. "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." Not saying this to be preachy, just that sometimes that struggle can be overwhelming. But we can and do triumph most of the time! ❤ ❤

Day 10

Calories:
Protein: 49
Water: 89
Vitamins: yes

Movement: only at work

It was the weirdest thing yesterday. I wasn't hungry at all. Then I woke up at 2 a.m., hungry, and had a snack.
Question- When you ate that snack did you count it as yesterdays or todays calories? I ask because I am pre surgery and track my calories as part of my dietitian and program and when I eat after midnight I always wonder where I should put the snack in my tracker. I just assume it is the same days calories until I go to sleep. But in your case you woke back up for a snack. I am up extra late sometimes on weekends so I eat an extra snack and sometimes it puts me just a smidge over my calories and I get mad at myself. But when you have been awake for 20 hours, you can't help but to be hungry later in the evening after dinner.

Question- When you ate that snack did you count it as yesterdays or todays calories? I ask because I am pre surgery and track my calories as part of my dietitian and program and when I eat after midnight I always wonder where I should put the snack in my tracker. I just assume it is the same days calories until I go to sleep. But in your case you woke back up for a snack. I am up extra late sometimes on weekends so I eat an extra snack and sometimes it puts me just a smidge over my calories and I get mad at myself. But when you have been awake for 20 hours, you can't help but to be hungry later in the evening after dinner.

I also keep random hours and have had to make a final decision on a late night/super early morning snack. My personal rule is that if I slept, it goes on tomorrows. Even if I end up going back to sleep a few hours later. If I have not yet gone to bed/sleep, it stays on todays.

I think either are fine, as long as you make a final decision and follow it consistently. Also, a few extra occasional calories are not going to harm you. But if they worry you, put your snack into your tracker B4 you eat it. If it puts you over, you can pick a lower calorie snack.

I also keep random hours and have had to make a final decision on a late night/super early morning snack. My personal rule is that if I slept, it goes on tomorrows. Even if I end up going back to sleep a few hours later. If I have not yet gone to bed/sleep, it stays on todays.

I think either are fine, as long as you make a final decision and follow it consistently. Also, a few extra occasional calories are not going to harm you. But if they worry you, put your snack into your tracker B4 you eat it. If it puts you over, you can pick a lower calorie snack.
I agree a few overage calories will not kill me but but I am in the pre-op stage. At my pre- surgical apt they review our diary. I don't want them to think I can't follow the rules or plan and not approve me. So really, it is just me freaking out more than the weight control part. I have been tracking for 5 months and only went over 4 times so I don't think it will be a problem but still freak out.

I agree a few overage calories will not kill me but but I am in the pre-op stage. At my pre- surgical apt they review our diary. I don't want them to think I can't follow the rules or plan and not approve me. So really, it is just me freaking out more than the weight control part. I have been tracking for 5 months and only went over 4 times so I don't think it will be a problem but still freak out.

Ahhh, I see. The beauty of the pre-op stage, including the food diary review, is you're learning. Your worry shows you're serious, so carry on lol j/k

I'm sure they've seen a few things they want you to think about, even when your calories are under. My nutritionist whined about my coffee NON-STOP!! And to be fair, usually if I'm over calories or miss my water intake, it's because I had extra coffee, so she was right.

I counted the 2 a.m. snack as yesterday's calories. I just so happened to be about 200 calories down from my normal intake since I wasn't hungry yesterday. My snack was around 200 calories.

Back