• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

February Challenge

Day 25

Calories:
Protein: 49
Water: 84
Vitamins: not yet

Movement: only at work

Today was tough. My 27 year old son was admitted into the hospital. It's both his kidney and his gall bladder.

They're going to run more tests in the morning to see if surgery is appropriate. I feel so useless. Because of Covid, he could only have one visitor, and that was his fiancee, naturally.
I don't see why she couldn't step aside for a few hours and let you visit him every few days! Good luck, I wish him and all of you the best.

Day 27

Calories:
I stopped counting.
Protein: over 60
Water: over 60
Vitamins: yes

Movement: none

I broke down yesterday and gave into my craving for KFC. I had an extra crispy chicken breast and mashed potatoes with gravy.

Afterward, I felt positively nauseous and had to take Tums for acid reflux. Why did I do that to myself? In any event, I am back on plan today.

I don't see why she couldn't step aside for a few hours and let you visit him every few days! Good luck, I wish him and all of you the best.
My son's fiancee would surely have let me go in, but the rules weren't one person at a time. The hospital allowed only one person (the same person) per day. So even if she left, I would not be allowed in.

Thank you for your good wishes.

My son's fiancee would surely have let me go in, but the rules weren't one person at a time. The hospital allowed only one person (the same person) per day. So even if she left, I would not be allowed in.

Thank you for your good wishes.
Eh, sorry! I understand, when my mom was in ICU they only had 1 appointment person the entire time, it could only change with acceptance from the person in charge and had to be for good reason. (PS: I don't know who made the call on changing the appointment person) It was a no brainer for us though because my Aunt is my mothers medical proxy so it clearly needed to be her for a lot of reasons. She is now in medical rehab and can have unlimited vaccinated visitors but you have a strict entry policy. Masks, sheilds, "isolation" area to be basically doused with anti bacterial cleaner, etc. haha COVID has ruined society as we knew it. :(:mad:

Day 27

Calories:
I stopped counting.
Protein: over 60
Water: over 60
Vitamins: yes

Movement: none

I broke down yesterday and gave into my craving for KFC. I had an extra crispy chicken breast and mashed potatoes with gravy.

Afterward, I felt positively nauseous and had to take Tums for acid reflux. Why did I do that to myself? In any event, I am back on plan today.
Once in awhile I give in to a craving. Otherwise I'll keep eating other stuff which doesn't stop the craving. It seems that once I give in & eat whatever it was, it doesn't taste as good as I remember & I don't really want it anymore. Latest example: Shamrock shake. I had a small one. Didn't really taste very good, and I felt uncomfortable after. No dumping luckily but still not a good feeling. But, now I can pass by Mickey D's without salivating for that minty flavor.

After doing some (ok, lots) nonbariatric eating while hubby was in the hospital & now in skilled nursing physical therapy, I finally forced myself to step on the scale this morning. Grrrrrr. Guess what? I actually was down .4lb since last weigh in the 1st week of February! Yay Woohoo!!!

WLS truly works. And I'm back at it with 2 protein shakes while visiting him, sensible meal when I get home at night.

Jeff's doing great, getting stronger & doing his PT & OT. Hopefully we'll get him home by next week.

After doing some (ok, lots) nonbariatric eating while hubby was in the hospital & now in skilled nursing physical therapy, I finally forced myself to step on the scale this morning. Grrrrrr. Guess what? I actually was down .4lb since last weigh in the 1st week of February! Yay Woohoo!!!

WLS truly works. And I'm back at it with 2 protein shakes while visiting him, sensible meal when I get home at night.

Jeff's doing great, getting stronger & doing his PT & OT. Hopefully we'll get him home by next week.
Good news all around.

So glad your husband is doing better. You must be so relieved and anxious to have him home.

I stepped on the scale and I have gained this past week. It's disappointing after having mostly stuck to 1,200 calories a day. I don't know if I want to start a March challenge thread or not.

Congrats on your weight loss, though! Whoo hoo!

So glad your husband is doing better. You must be so relieved and anxious to have him home.

I stepped on the scale and I have gained this past week. It's disappointing after having mostly stuck to 1,200 calories a day. I don't know if I want to start a March challenge thread or not.

Congrats on your weight loss, though! Whoo hoo!
If you do decide to do the March challenge, cool. If you want to break until April, I'll jump right back in the challenge. Hubby should be home from skilled nursing PT rehab by then, and tracking should be easier.

So thankful I won't have to work hard to re-lose any weight gain. I'll just work harder to see the scale continue to go back down. I still have 27lbs to get to my 1st goal of 150lbs, then another 15 to reach my ideal weight of 135lbs.

Back