• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

February Challenge

Day 12

Calories:
I stopped counting.
Protein: I'm sure it was over 60.
Water: I'm guessing 60.
Vitamins: yes

Movement: none

I had the waiter take the photo as we were out to dinner for our anniversary. The dinner was worth every calorie! We visited P. F. Chang's, an Asian food place. I don't know if they're nationwide.

Actually, our anniversary is Monday--we were married two years ago on Valentine's Day--but I don't like to go out work nights.

Tomorrow it's back to tracking!

View attachment 5069

Day 12

Calories:
I stopped counting.

I had the waiter take the photo as we were out to dinner for our anniversary. The dinner was worth every calorie! We visited P. F. Chang's, an Asian food place. I don't know if they're nationwide.

Actually, our anniversary is Monday--we were married two years ago on Valentine's Day--but I don't like to go out work nights.

Awesome pic of 2 love birds !!! Hope you had fun and Congrats.

Day 13

Calories:
Protein: 44
Water: 79

My husband gave me a Fitbit for an anniversary/Valentine's gift (I didn't want an Apple watch because I thought it would be too complicated.)

Once I learn how to use the Fitbit, I hope it will motivate me to start walking.

Day 14

Calories:
Protein: 39
Water: 62

I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day!

I had the day off due to Lincoln's birthday. Love those three day weekends! Back to work tomorrow.
Just curious are you in Illinois by chance? I was thinking most people might be off for President's Day next Monday, but not so many for Lincoln's b'day. So cool.

Day 11 to 15 I did not track at all but I did keep track if that makes any sense. I did not overeat did not have food I should not eat. I just was not all that planed out as to what to eat. We went on some good hikes. Had lost of fun with my son and girlfriend. Just took them to the airport . So sad to have them go would love to have more time.

I am back to tracking my food and drink I know I have been bad at my water as it is just something I seem to have to force down each day.

View attachment 5069

Day 12

Calories:
I stopped counting.

Nice picture! Glad you had a nice dinner out!

Sorry I have been MIA and I haven't been tracking either. Dealing with family stuff. My daughter is here on "watch" as per her therapist. She is doing better but still struggling.
So sorry!!! You are a great mother that you stick around and help out often. When she is in a better spot please please please take some time to do something good for yourself you deserve this.

In my work I see too many families who give too much to the kids and do not give to themselves. Or the other way when they just stop helping the kids (who are adults) This group is very hard to see.

Again you are GREAT !!!

Sorry I have been MIA and I haven't been tracking either. Dealing with family stuff. My daughter is here on "watch" as per her therapist. She is doing better but still struggling.
Judy, there's an old book I read in the 1970s called "Children: The Challenge." I bought it back then in hopes of being able to make my kid behave and make healthy decisions.

But as with helping groups like Al-Anon, it wasn't about the problem person. It was about me...in tandem with a Psychology Today article about discipline. I remember one line: "When you're engaged in disciplining your child, you're chained to him."

After that I easily saw the trap of discipline. I saw that I needed to change myself. When possible, I walked away, because I can't control the universe, let alone a child throwing a tantrum. A little mantra came along with it, from a book called "Summerhill:" Ignore bad behavior; reward good behavior."

I know I sound like a fortune cookie, but I'm smart enough to know: I know nothing. And a kid is always going to win the fight, no matter what you do. A kids sole focus is his personal mission, goals, desires. He's not interested in making your life easier.

At 14, my son ran away from home. For the next six months, he was a missing person. As a single mom, I was completely controlled by thoughts of him. I lived in hell because I was tied to him.

I learned an important lesson from that nightmare. I dug deep into my former ideas of who I was, and I returned to me. My freaked-out self lived in a parallel world. A kid will drop a bomb on you just because he can. Shoring up the protective walls of your fort will both repel and diminish attacks.

Im babbling a little, but let me sum it up this way: if you listen to yourself and discover you're talking about someone else, you're not living.

Day 17

Calories:
Protein: 67
Water: 70

Movement: extra walking at work

I woke up hungry at 2 a.m. last night. I had what I thought was a small snack, but I ended up waking from acid reflux three separate times. That's the downside to this surgery for me--acid reflux. I never had it previously. I finally had to sleep sitting up.

Back