• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

February Challenge

I think I will give my gastroenterologist a call today and make an appointment. I actually had both those medications prescribed to me several years ago due to my IBS. I stopped taking them because my problems seemed to resolve themselves.

Now I have nausea occasionally, too, again. I think I need the medication again.

I think I will give my gastroenterologist a call today and make an appointment. I actually had both those medications prescribed to me several years ago due to my IBS. I stopped taking them because my problems seemed to resolve themselves.

Now I have nausea occasionally, too, again. I think I need the medication again.
I've had prescriptions since WLS from my nutritionist for omeprazole, Zofran, and colace. I take colace 2X daily, and the others as needed. I definitely would contact your team and discuss having these prescribed to you. No need to suffer unnecessarily. Good luck & hope you feel better. ❤ ❤

Day 22

Calories:
Protein: 63
Water: 92
Vitamins: yes

Movement: only at work
Weekly weigh: 187

I only lost .8 pound this week, so I'd better stick to the plan more closely.

On another note, my weight today is now the same as the lowest weight I got to after VSG surgery, before I started gaining again.

So I have totally derailed and feel horrible about it. This is the worst I've been since surgery June of 2020 and it worries me. Not eating healthy at all but today I am trying to get it together. One thing that has been going on besides family issues is that I lowered my Paxil from 30 mg to 20 and I don't think that is a good idea. I feel high anxiety again. So by trying to go off Paxil because it is a weight gainer, I am eating more from anxiety. Makes no sense. I am going to contact my doctor and let him know I will go back on 30 for now and maybe revisit the 20 mg at another time when I am not so stressed out.

My levothyroxine level was changed as well so probably best not to do the Paxil change at the same time as the thyroid hormone.

I haven't been exercising either so I will work on bringing that back in to the fold. Will try to get out for short walks again if it isn't too cold and windy.

I know it is time to concentrate on myself. What is it that I always say?.... I know, "You can't pour from an empty cup."

So I have totally derailed and feel horrible about it. This is the worst I've been since surgery June of 2020 and it worries me. Not eating healthy at all but today I am trying to get it together. One thing that has been going on besides family issues is that I lowered my Paxil from 30 mg to 20 and I don't think that is a good idea. I feel high anxiety again. So by trying to go off Paxil because it is a weight gainer, I am eating more from anxiety. Makes no sense. I am going to contact my doctor and let him know I will go back on 30 for now and maybe revisit the 20 mg at another time when I am not so stressed out.

My levothyroxine level was changed as well so probably best not to do the Paxil change at the same time as the thyroid hormone.

I haven't been exercising either so I will work on bringing that back in to the fold. Will try to get out for short walks again if it isn't too cold and windy.

I know it is time to concentrate on myself. What is it that I always say?.... I know, "You can't pour from an empty cup."
You got this! Sorry you are going through a rough time but you can rise up and do what's best for you. You have done it in the past. Good luck, I am rooting for you.

Thank you Kcuster. Doing better today. Threw some unhealthy food away which shouldn't have been in the house anyway! Went to the grocery store and bought healthy options. It's always hard to break bad habits and when you've been good for so long and they resurface it is very frustrating. Thank you for the support.

Oh, Judy, I am so glad to see you back! I was worried about you.

Please don't feel terrible about eating badly. It's so easy to do. I spent months after my surgery eating and drinking (Pepsi) all the wrong things.

February challenge is still here, waiting for you to join in the fun!

Day 25

Calories:
Protein: 49
Water: 84
Vitamins: not yet

Movement: only at work

Today was tough. My 27 year old son was admitted into the hospital. It's both his kidney and his gall bladder.

They're going to run more tests in the morning to see if surgery is appropriate. I feel so useless. Because of Covid, he could only have one visitor, and that was his fiancee, naturally.

Back