• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feel as though I made a HUGE Mistake having WLS

I am so glad you are feeling much better. Things do get better it is just a wave emotions for a while so hang in there, your're doing great. :cool: Tom

Bama Baby hi just curious how your health is doing and if you've healed up from all the stuff you had to go through?? I need to get on here and wish everyone at Happy New Year 2013 is going to be a good year. It feels good to have some pounds off and knowing I can do this , one day at a time. there are days when I think why did I do this to myself but in all being able to wear clothes I hadn't been able to wear in three years (jeans) makes me feel good. let us know how you are doing.
donna

So sorry you went thru all of that. Hope you are on a speedy recovery. Hang in there. Things will brighten up. We are all here with you. God bless.

I know this is cliché but everything happens for a reason. I know this isn't the same BUT my mom was an alcoholic whom we all thought was perfectly healthy. 6 years ago she quit drinking and went into recovery. All of the sudden there were issues with too much protein in her urine and was diagnosed with kidney disease. She had it for awhile but the drinking covered it. Now her kidney is starting to fail and there is a blessing in all of this. Now she can be on a transplant list when the time comes.

We never know why we go through the struggles we go through as we are going through them but there will come a time when you learn why you are having to struggle.

I agree, want to know how you are doing Bamababy. I have had a rough year for sure, trouble eating much food, cannot digest things like pasta, red meat and still eating small, I mean small, meals due to feeling full fast. I am now 133 pounds and would like to stop losing but still losing so......
Had RNY surgery 12-2012, due to a feeling of sandpaper in my esophogus or top of stomach, I had an UGI series that was normal but the discomfort remained so about 5 mos ago had an Esophogoscopy which showed a HUGE ulcer. Had a repeat esophogoscopy and the ulcer is healing but still there so again will get another exam in 3 mos. Sucks but, I would still do this again!!!
In May I found out I had Breast Cancer and had a mastectomy, then in September had a Gall Bladder attack and had my gall bladder out in November. Hope this year brings NO MORE PROBLEMS. I cancelled the plastic surgery for the breast issues due to "I have had enough for a while".
Hope you are all warm and cozy( we had 15" of snow) and it is 8 degrees out and will be below tomorrow so have a nice fire in the woodstove going and hope to have some soup and half sandwich for dinner(will not finish sandwich)
sandie

Sandie, I am so very sorry you have had such a rough time. Hopefully 2014 will be a better year for you health-wise.

Take Care and Good Luck!!!

I agree, want to know how you are doing Bamababy. I have had a rough year for sure, trouble eating much food, cannot digest things like pasta, red meat and still eating small, I mean small, meals due to feeling full fast. I am now 133 pounds and would like to stop losing but still losing so......
Had RNY surgery 12-2012, due to a feeling of sandpaper in my esophogus or top of stomach, I had an UGI series that was normal but the discomfort remained so about 5 mos ago had an Esophogoscopy which showed a HUGE ulcer. Had a repeat esophogoscopy and the ulcer is healing but still there so again will get another exam in 3 mos. Sucks but, I would still do this again!!!
In May I found out I had Breast Cancer and had a mastectomy, then in September had a Gall Bladder attack and had my gall bladder out in November. Hope this year brings NO MORE PROBLEMS. I cancelled the plastic surgery for the breast issues due to "I have had enough for a while".
Hope you are all warm and cozy( we had 15" of snow) and it is 8 degrees out and will be below tomorrow so have a nice fire in the woodstove going and hope to have some soup and half sandwich for dinner(will not finish sandwich)
sandie
I think the Chinese should rename 2013 as the Year of the Knife. I too had a rough year--in the hospital 5 times, but hoping for a better and healthier 2014.

I think the Chinese should rename 2013 as the Year of the Knife. I too had a rough year--in the hospital 5 times, but hoping for a better and healthier 2014.

Oh my Goodness, Karenina, 5 times in the hospital last year!!! How are you doing now? Are you okay??

Cheyenne

Thank you, I'm fine. I'm minus a gall bladder, a hiatal hernia, most of a stomach, a sigmoid colon, and 80 pounds!

So glad you came through everything and that you're now well and healthy. :)

Super going on your 80 lb. weight loss! Way to go!!! :cool:

Back