• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling dejected...

Hi-
Just wanted to talk to someone. I've done all the testing. I started in March 2013. Now insurance has denied me. Don't know why yet. Insurance coordinator from my doctor's office is looking into it. I was so excited last month when I completed everything and now this. This is my only hope to lose weight. I've tried so many other things and never succeeded for long. I'm not sure how my depression is supposed to get better if my life can't get a new start. Sorry, just feeling down about everything. Wondering why it's always me these things happen to. I just want to feel alive again and be proud of myself for doing it right this time once and for all. So tired of the yo-yoing. I've read probably 6-8 books already on the sleeve. I'm prepared and so ready for this and then something else comes along to knock me down. Getting harder to get back up each time. Thanks for listening........

Forgive me for asking, do you have other weight related health issues like diabetes or high blood pressure. I would not give up if I were you. I would make my case for WLS in a letter and highlight related health problems and your history of trying to lose weight. Never give up and never take no for an answer.

Hi-NO forgiveness needed. Thanks for responding.I have high blood pressure, depression, anemia,gerd, a hiatal hernia, left knee problems and, oh yeah, obesity. Diabetes runs in the family but I don't have it yet. I'm trying to avoid it. My mom had it since she was 40 and I am just past that so I'm very worried about it.

That's exactly what you need to put in your letter to your insurance provider. Amplify your family history, struggles and chronic conditions.

Don't give up, a lot of us had to jump through several hoops to make it happen. It is a bump. Not a road block. Keep after it. Appeal. Ask for help. Contact your primary doctor for back up. Just keep trying.

High, FLAMING hoops, it seems like for some people. I'm sorry this is happening to you, but I agree with the other responders: don't give up. Insurance companies are in business to make MONEY, and how are they going to do that if everyone gets the timely, quality healthcare they need? If they just eliminated the red tape, they'd be out of business in a week. Stick it to 'em, I say. Make them pay. Turn your frown into a boomerang and wing 'em in the head with it. ;-D

Just don't give up! Send in a letter call every other day asking questions. Visit the Dr often and follow up with a well written research says that it is cheaper to prevent than treat medical problems associated with weight.

Good luck

Never accept "no" for an answer. Have your primary doctor write letters after every doctor visit to the insurance company stating your health concerns and how obesity is affecting the quality of your life. I've heard stories like yours before and I am so sorry that overpaid insurance companies have the right to deny what they pay for when in fact we as insurers have already paid for the procedure many moons ago. Wishing you well and for things to change and you get to hear the magic word "yes" your approved soon.

Don't give up!! "If there's a will, there's a way!!". Don't let anything get the best of you! Show the insurance and doctors that you're not a quitter and how much you really want this to happen!! I will be cheering you on...keep us updated!! :)

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and well wishes. It means alot to me. I go to my pcp tomorrow so we'll see what she says. I'm still waiting to hear from my surgeons office to find out why insurance denied me.

Back