• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Finally have my surgery date!

Hi Jamie, Congratulations on your date. It is normal to be scared, when I set my date that is when it all became so real to me:eek: I was excited, scared, happy, nervous you name it. It is all part odf the journey of WLS, remember we are all here for each other so when you need to chat or vent make sure to come back and let us know what is going on, we know how you are feeling. :cool: Tom

Jamie-Congratulations on your surgery date!!! It is perfectly normal to feel scared along with a lot of other emotions. We like to call it an emotional rollercoaster ride and most of us go through this, especially the closer to surgery you get. The time will pass VERY quickly. You should spend some time preparing your house so that things you use daily are within easy reach. Catch up on your laundry, especially towels and sheets. If you can, get an extra weeks worth of groceries for the family and fix a couple of family favorites to stick in the freezer. Your tastes may change after sugery so don't stock up on protein drinks until you find out if you still like the ones you may be drinking now. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Back