• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Finally...

saysay

HHi Everyone, I am finally reaching out for support which we all know is very important. I'm just 2 months out and have had quite a time of it already! I had to be hospitalized 2 times post-op. Once to have my gallbladder removed and again to deal with an ulcer in my pouch. There were several E.R. visits (dehydration) in between as well. Now I feel great! I have lost 100 lbs. since I started my journey just over one year ago! I lost 53lbs pre-op and 47 since surgery. I have more energy and the daily pain I used to have is gone. The other day I put on a pair of jeans for the first time in years! I worry about following the rules though, I'm not very good at that. I do OK with eating right because I was so sick in the beginning and do NOT want to go through feeling that sick again! But keeping food records, exercising, and taking my vitamins/calcium and making sure to get in all my water are all things I struggle with. I have clinical depression which I take meds for and I'm hoping with a bit more time I will start to feel more motivated and have more "up" days. Depression a catch 22 though because often times you have to do more to feel like doing more! What's that saying- a body in motion stays in motion? Too true! So, today is another step to getting healthy and living my life for me and to the fullest. Thanks for being here.

Hi Saysay, welcome to a great board. Exercise can be walking 30 minutes or so a day. It doesn't have to be a trip to the gym. Keep working at it, you are doing great so far. I found for me the motivation to stick with the plan is not to hard, because I don't want to experience dumping and I hate being sick to my stomach. You can do this, after all you've come this far. I use a picture of my Grandson, because he was the final straw that got me to decide to go with WLS. He wanted me to lay on the ground, so he could climb a mountain. Now whenever I'm contemplating something I shouldn't do, I look at his picture and it helps keep me strong. Find your straw and keep something with you that reminds you of the straw. Hope this helps.

Frank

:cool:

hey saysay, going to those places that make your life enjoyable music, art, writing, family or whatever works for you, helps in times when you need it. Finding a way to express yourself will get you outside yourself in a good meaningful way. Church, support meetings, the dog park anything that is a distraction and you enjoy go for it and you will feel better.

cheers

Last edited:
Warm greetings and welcome to the group :0) .......... Congrats on doing so well, keep up the good work.. Think of how awesome it felt to put on those jeans !!! I can not WAIT till I get my surgery done I look forward to the new and improved healthier me!! Remember every little bit of exercise counts, I know how difficult depression can be as I live that life too, but the improvements you are making in time will help with that as well, speaking as a nurse here too I guess.
Kristin :)

Back