• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Fitness Challenge - Who's game?

handsam

Ok, I really need some motivation to get my butt exercising again. I had been a real gym bunny for the first 2.5 years out. Then I had some health issues that landed my sidelined for almost a year. I now can safely go back to the gym, but hey, I am intrinsically lazy when it comes to working out. I work two jobs, and my down time for the last year has been doing household chores or sleeping. Which when I work 60 hours a week, down time in and of itself is in short supply.

So, I need a challenge to get me back exercising. I need for others to join me in getting in the groove of what many can determine as torture - hehehe.

On this Monday, February 3, 2014 I want to start exercising again. For each day of the week I will pick something to do - cardio, walking, calestenics, p90x, yoga, whatever people suggest the day before, that I think I can do the next day. Please be easy on me to start, I have not worked out in over a year and I don't have a gym membership so I have to be able to do whatever in my home, in the living room floor - lol.

So who wants to give me some exercises to do starting Monday??

ONE of my favorites can be found on you tube. Look up level 1 or level 2 extreme makeover weight loss edition. I have the videos and use them often.

Good luck I will be doing a 45 minute spin class and the level two video today.

I am going to go back to the gym too.

My surgeon and cardiologist cleared me to start doing toning exercises first and then I will progress to exersicing to failure.

I had worked with a personal trainer for over two years when I first joined a gym in my early 60s. So, I learned how to exercise correctly.

So, yes I will be back to cardio and weight training shortly. I have to research gyms again. In the meantime, my wife and I are walking the malls since we cannot get outside for long periods of time. It is sloppy on the roads and cold.

Ralph

planning on checking out our new workout room at work tomorrow. Then I have a buddy that I am going to get to work out with me after work. She is a bad diabetic and needs to use exercise to help control her sugar. I need to do some sort of cardio tomorrow, suggestions?

I did 80 minutes of spinning and loved it! Give it a try it is easy on the joints so you can push to see just how fit you are becoming.

Good luck

I have done spin in the past, and yes it is good. I don't however have access to a bike at the moment. I prefer water when i get a chance.

Just an update.

I am back to walking now that the weather has improved. I am not going to pay the gym memberships that are being charged out here on Long Island.

So, instead I bought a used total gym /xl . I am now assembling that in my house.

It will be ready soon.

Ralph

I started back to the gym last week. I started out walking on the treadmill I am now up to 35 mins on the eliptical machine. I have also been doing some leg machines and light stuff for my arms. I haven't started anything as far as abs yet because my stomach is still healing lol

I walk everyday for about 30 minutes and then I do Zumba one day and weight watchers belly,butt and thighs DVD. I'm looking for a good kick boxing DVD to mix it up and get the aggravation and frustration out. I had one on video by Billy Blanks I think years ago and loved it. I also have exercises for my arthritic shoulder and light weights to use. I'm gonna check out the YouTube exercises too. I tend to get bored fast. I can't wait for summer when I can start aqua aerobics again that and dance are my favorites. I'm also thinking about joining Curves just depends on the cost.

Thanks for the Challenge.

Hi Handsam, I have been doing a yoga cd for people who are not really fit yet and it makes a world of difference. My local public broadcasting system is offering one free by the same yoga teacher, for beginners. It's free if you sign up to make a small donation every month. Yoga teacher's name is Peggy Cappy-she is great! I don't know if this interests you but I swear by it !!! I'm pumping up for Zumba !!!!! Good Luck. You are not alone! I have to talk myself into it every time even though I love it and feel so good after !! Hope this helps....JanB

Back