• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Foaming? What the heck!

Tina

This past Saturday, and of course I'm in a restaurant, I experience the FOAMING. Honestly, I heard all about this in my very supportive group, but to experience it, well that's another story. I'm a 6 month post op sleeve, (down 90 lbs) thinking I'm in charge, so what do I eat? Keep in mind, this is football Saturday and the game doesn't start til 6pm. So there's lunch, then a get together at the local bar, then off to the game. First stop, a margarita rocks (well, okay), turkey burger with lettuce wrap (way to go sister!), then these amazing (did I say amazing?) home cooks chips. I only ate about 6. Then off to campus and meeting up at the bar. Feeling good, order another margarita rocks, then a funny thing started happening. My best guess is the grease in the chips decided to come up instead of go down. I foamed and spit for about 10 minutes. I really didn't have to force anything. Just sorta stood over the toilet (felt like 18 again) and contracted my stomach and out poured this foam and more foam and then some more foam. I never felt nauseated, or felt like I was going to vomit. Just this foam! Still feeling okay. About 10 minutes that was over, went back to tailgating and onto the game. So weird. New rule....stick low fat foods....unless I guess it's Halloween and I'm going as a rabid dog....Take care everyone!

It doesn't sound fun but at least it seems to have passed. I try, key word try, to stick with low fat foods a restaurants just in case. I also try, key word try, to pace myself so I don't overeat. It has happened to me once, Nacho's, I should have known better. Keep up the good work. You are doing amazing.

I don't mean to laugh but that was comical. Of course it wasn't when you were going thru it because i have experience bad experiences to from the new way we have to eat! No fun going thru it! So yes everything in moderation once you can eat "real foods"! we learn! Everyone stay healthy! Michele:cool:

Has only happened to me twice since surgery. One time after a chewable vitamin and the other time after eating too fast. It was salmon and broccoli so it doesn't always happen with high fat foods. I haven't tried any drinks yet so I can't speak to how this might have effected you. Although I'm thinking sugar. Glad you were able to rejoin your friends and still have a good time. You get around girl. Sounds like you are living life and enjoying every minute.

Back