• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

G-tube

Dreams

G-tube......I had my surgery on the 31st and tomorrow it is getting removed. I am in a fair amount of pain at the site. Will I find some relief once it is removed? I keep hoping that the pain I am feeling is from the g-tube and nothing else but I'm concerned just the same. So tomorrow it is removed and then on Friday I will be flying home which is about a 10 hr day. Any tips on flying right after? Oh and I think anything but blue jeans for travel!!
Thanks for readings and for any advice that can be shared.

Dreams

I hope you have someone traveling with you. You shouldn't be handling bags or luggage. Take a pillow you can hug to your belly. Wear pajama bottoms. Good luck and have a safe trip and please be super careful.

omg. The G tube removal was like a celebration!!!!!!! LOL. yep, instant relief.

I am finally at home and traveled nicely. It was a long day, but I made it from San Diego back up to Alaska. I'm feeling better just being in my own home of course. I will say I did NOT like traveling in the clothes I wore BUT I was going for maximum comfort and so glad now I chose those to travel home in. Nothing wrong with light sweat pants and my husbands big t'shirt. lol. oh and flip flops because I'm not going to battle that through security. all in all....I feel better today than yesterday and have no reason to think tomorrow won't be better.

Am having some "emotional moments" which I have no real idea about but about to read up here in the forums and see if I can't find something. :)

Thanks so much for the travel advice about the pillow. I was reading your reply Dcepello the morning of my flight and grabbed my small bear I'd been using for splinting!!!!!! Saved me some discomfort for sure. :)

Dreams

Back