• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Got my date!

mergatroid

Wow. I have waited so long and worked so hard to get to this point that you would think I'd be doing cart-wheels and jumping for joy, if indeed I could do those things, which I can't, hence, the surgery.
Instead I find myself in a whirlwind of emotions. How weird. Anywho..... my surgery is slated for November 28th.

For me the mixed emotions was because, now surgery is real and it will happen. I think if you didn't have mixed emotions you wouldn't be human. You'll do great. Keep us informed.

Mergatroid-A big congratulations on your surgery date!!! And it's not that far off. Make sure to get things in order around your house to make things easier for you to access. Get yourself enough things to "eat" for your first couple of weeks home so you can rest instead of running all over the place. I suggest broth or bouillon cubes, sugar free pudding and Jello, sweetener, sugar free popsicles (lots of popsicles), milk and Cream of Wheat. Your taste buds may change a bit so don't go overboard. The things I listed are pretty bland in comparison to the things you will be able to eat in the later phases so you shouldn't have any issues with them. You will also need protein drinks. Since these can be costly don't get too many util you are sure you like them. These will be you comfort foods for a while.You will be extremely tired while you recoup and if you don't sleep and nap enough it will take longer to heal so take the time now to get things organized.

Mergatroid- I am so happy for you getting a date, I totally understand & agree that it is a "whirlwind' of emotions. I too am going through that, I had this overwhelming joy and anticipation and when I got the date (Nov 13th) "BAM" I was nervous, anxious, weeping and down right scared. But I got my date a week ago and the emotions are leveling out and I am in my "nesting" period trying to make sure everything is just right and I have everything I need. It's gonna be a whole new way of life and I'm ready to start living it!!! We are going to be just fine :eek::);):D

Back