• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Had the bypass in aug 13th and only lost 1 pound

SWEEETSUE

:confused:I HAVEN'T BEEN EATING AT ALL BUT CANT SEEM TO LOSE WEIGHT WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM, I COULD OF DONE THIS WITHOUT THE SURGARY.....:confused:

Don't be hard on yourself. Your body is going through trama right now. It is in shock and trying to figure out what has happened. Please give yourself time and I assure you the weight will come off. Just try to keep fluids going and follow your doctors advice on eating. I was told that there may be weeks that I don't lose or even gain and that is the body's survival mode kicking in. So keep your chin up and know that this will work, just be patient.

Sweetsue-Welcome to the forum. It's quite possible you came home from the hospital with some excess fluid retention from the IV's. Maybe you lost all of that first before you lost the one pound you noticed. I came home with 25 pounds or so of excess fluids so it took over a week before I showed any weight loss.

In any event, just be patient. You have just gone through a major surgery and your body needs time to adjust. You will lose weight :) Make sure to come back to let us know how you are doing.

Hi SweetSue, Welcome. This first few weks can be very tramatic for us, just having major surgery we start to second guess our desision and wonder if we did the right thing, I even thought for a few weeks what if this doesn't work for me and I don't lose anything:( I even found myself upset and in tears a couple of times, but those emotions are all normal. Just make sure you get your fluids in and the protien that you need so you can start healing up and getting stronger, make sure to take plenty of naps when your tired too. Hang in there it gets better. :cool: Tom

Back