• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

hanging in there

I am feast or famine and I have been on this journey for ll year and regained 50 lbs of my weight back. with a struggle I have now lost to within 30 lbs. of my goal weight. I ws stuck at 200 lbs for over a year and this year have finally lost 9 lbs. I don't hope to ever be at 160 again. I am 66 years old and everythign is a slow process. I am heare to listen to anyone who needs to reach out or just wants to talk. I have some old friends on the sight. twomas....yea twomas finally broke 200. Pat 99 we share phone convesations frequenltly,letrell who is infrequent but still out there. He letrell it's 191,how is your weight now. bigtall sis I haven't heard from you since b efore your surgery..hope it went well. wel heare I am with my batwings ,,goat teats and an apron but other wise healthy....except old age arthritis. hope to talk to manyy of you soon...patti

Hi Patti, It is great to hear from you:D I have been away from the forum for a couple of weeks taking care of my sobriety and hitting lots of meetings, I even went to my Bariatric support group lkast week because I have been missing the forum and needed to talk with some folks on the same journey as me, it was good for me to sit and talk with others who understan the journey.

I have been breaking my meal plan and eating goodies so I am going to sign up at the Y and make some time for myself to get in some arduose exersice before I slip back to 200 so far I am edging between 185 and 190 so I need to get serious, I am still feeling good and walking 4 to 6 miles a day but since I lost my job I just can't get the kind of exersice I need. Keep on plugging away at it you have been one of my inspirations on this journey to health and happiness. :cool: Tom

Back