• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Has this happen to you?

for the past three days now, Anything i eat or drink, doesn't matter what it is, makes me hurt in my intestines, I'm not sure why either, anyone have this problem? if so how did you get rid of it? Ive tried Gas X and Paypa chews :confused:

hi
I just wanted to congraulate you on your weight loss so far, wow you've done good 48 pounds, did you loose all of this just since the surgery?
I see where you're having pain, have you called your dr, yet? are you still on liquid diet or puree food now? I am sure there are several on here whom have had the surgery who'll be able to answer your ?, still waiting on my surgery date.
will say a prayer for you.
donna

Hello Donna yes i have an email in to the nurse, Thank you, i lost the first 19lbs on the two week diet and the rest since surgery, not I'm way past the liquid and puree foods I'm on a normal diet now, i still consume a lot of soft foods still, today I'm just trying to stay with liquids really as it doesn't matter i have the gas pain.... oh well I'm sure it will go away

It may be gas pains or the foods you are eating,I remember having a lot of gas to the point my whole tummy hurt:( until I could relieve it. Are you trying any new foods or veggies? The note to your nurse was a good call, if they don't get back to you by noon call them until you get some kind of consultation, it is a holiday weekend and Tuesday is a long ways off when you have pain every time you eat something. Let us know what you find out. :cool: Tom

NO when my gas pain started it was on the same foods Ive been eating for awhile now, I had a nurse call me yesterday but she said she needed to talk to the Dr and then call me back, I'm still waiting, water will make my intestines hurt it's crazy really, Tom how did you get your gas to go away? or do you still have it? does it still hurt you?

I still get gas but it only causes discomfort if I try and hold it in. Right after surgery for the first month or so I would have to lay on my side and that would help but now I do ok as long as I don't hold it in. If water is making your intestines hurt I have no idea what it could be, hopefully it is something the doc has seen before and can help you out and don't let them escape for the weekend before you get an answer. Let us know what you find out. :cool: Tom

TwoMas, I got word back from the Dr's nurse, they put me on Carafate and she told me that I'm in not better by Tuesday i will have to go in earlier t hen my apt on the 4th to see him, but it's not in my stomach it's in my intestines, does that change anything since my small intestines is connected to my little tummy now are is all consider the same?

I am not sure, I never really thought about gas pains, whether they came from the intestines or the stomach, I guess since our stomachs are only the size of an egg and then go straight to our small intestines bypassing everything else that is where the actual gas pains are:rolleyes: I am so glad the nurse got back to you before the end of the day. I have never heard of Carafate is that a gas pain medicine? I certainly hope it provides relief. :cool: Tom

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I get really bad gas pains, almost feel like "dumping syndrome" and I have to take several gas x strips and will hold my stomach in pain, though I know it's lower down that hurts. I had to go through that today as a matter of fact. I hope you get better with that, keep us posted

What ever is going on with my stomach this med works, I have to take it four times a day and when i take it i can't eat or drink for an hour after, kind of messes up your eating and drinking really. Yesterday i was out with my family and for got to bring my meds and when i drank my protein it hurt so we had to come home :( I wont make that mistake twice. TwoMas I'm not sure what all the med treats but one thing is ulcers.. Hmmm not sure if i have one or not, I'm praying I don't :(

I ceryainly hope it is not ulcers, I hope your doctor would say something. I am so happy it works, I looked it up and it also is used to coat the intestines and stomach maybe your stiches are having a hard time healing up where they did the surgery, worth making a call on Tuesday morning to ease your mind but until then enjoy your weekend. :cool: Tom

Ive been on meds for while now and all was good up until last night when i started having stomach issues again, not sure what is wrong if anything really, it may just be gas getting hung up but I'm not sure. I see my Dr tomorrow morning so i will talk to Him about it and find out

Update from Dr today: He is treating me for an ulcer, i guess surgery can give you an ulcer, He is not ready to do a CT scan for the bloating in my intestines just yet. I'm back on Cara fate for a month and i have to take my antacid twice a day as well, I go back in three weeks to see him again to see if we need to stretch the opening to my tummy up again, he thinks it may be getting narrow, i guess that can happen too. Fun Fun for me :p

You were right, I think the Doc should have said something on your first visit but maybe he wasn't sure yet:confused: Well hopefully it should all work out for you since he they started treating you for an ulcer early maybe it will heal faster. I never heard about the tummy opening shrinking you will have to let us know how that happens on your next visit. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

You were right, I think the Doc should have said something on your first visit but maybe he wasn't sure yet:confused: Well hopefully it should all work out for you since he they started treating you for an ulcer early maybe it will heal faster. I never heard about the tummy opening shrinking you will have to let us know how that happens on your next visit. Hang in there. :cool: Tom
Twomas I will let you know, right now if feels like a lot of my food is still in my throat really, I'm sure i will have to have the procedure done to stretch open the scare tissue that is there. :( I'm not doing so hot right now I'm super tired again and its difficult for me to eat and get all my meds and stuff in, but I know that it will get easier and once its all taken care of I will be on my way again :)

Update: I went to the Dr on Monday and He did an Endoscope again, I don't like that, He said the opening is good but i have irritation which could cause the opening to swell a little bit. I'm to continue to take the carafate and antacids as prescribe for another three weeks to see if it helps if not i will have to go in and how it stretched out the opening not the little tummy, I'm to chew my food very slow and take little bits.

Yep, I'm having problems that seem to be trapped gas; I'm not sure how to relieve. Also I have pain right under my breasts but that may be the diapraghm healing from the hiatal hernia surgery. I'm not aware that I'm eating anything I had not during the pureed phase? Could gas build up be from not enough fluids or exercise? I really wish I could just have a gigantic passing of gas (sorry - can't believe I just typed that) and be done with it.

Things are so different not having heartburn any longer; I guess it's going to take some time to get used to & understand our bodies w/the modifications and changes. Just wish they could talk to us so we'd understand what is going on; frustrating.

I had problems with extreme gas for just over 2 months. I took GasEx before a meal and added lactase if the meal contained any dairy. It didn't help 100% but it did help. I still have to take these but the issue is not as severe. Walking seems to help relieve the gas build up quite a bit.

Back