• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello and I am thankful for finding this site

Hello to everyone, I live in Texas and will be having a Gastric Bypass on Monday June 11th. I am a full time nurse and again am glad to be here.

Hi Toinette, Welcome. You are on a wonderful journey, this is a great place for support and to chat with others or just vent if you start to get nervouse or scared, I see your a nurse so you know how important support can be. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :cool: Tom

Thanks Tom

Thank you so much Tom and I see you have done very well. Cannot wait to get it done Monday morning and start on the road to a new life. It is crazy trying to talk to patients about their weight when I am over 300 lbs. But they always loved talking to me because I was bigger than them. So pray this is a new start. Thanks for the support!

Toinette-Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard. I see your surgery is coming up very fast. Make sure you let us know how you are doing. I'm sure you'll love this forum. It certainly helps me out and other people have said the same thing. Good luck with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Wishing you success. I am so excited for you. I am getting close to getting a date and can't wait to just have this done. I hope you will create lots of posts and support. It is so nice to have such good company...

Hi! Nice to see another Texan on here. What area are you from? Who is doing your procedure?? There is a lot of great support here you came to the right place:cool:

I live in Garland, Tx and Dr Daryl Stewart in Denton, TX is doing my procedure. He is one of the bests on REVISIONS. I had a lap band placed 4 yrs ago and my goodness with ALL OF MY EFFORTS I may have lost a total of 30 lbs. But I had the lap band and the doctor I used had no support, no follow ups, just be gone! If you had a fill or not he and his staff did not CARE (which consisted of a medical assistant and a receptionist). So I am so glad that I am now able to do what I should have had done 4 yrs ago. I see you are scheduled for June 25th, congrats and we will all have good thoughts for each other.

Back