• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello out there

New to the site. Hoping to give and get support, advice, and friendship. Just got cleared for surgery today(Sleeve). Excited and scared. Won't get my date until tomorrow.

Good morning,

Good luck as you continue on this journey. It is something of a roller coaster ride and the emotions you are feeling are normal. We have all experienced them. It is overall a wonderful journey to a healthy existence. Welcome to the Forum.

Hi HelpfulOne, welcome to the best WLS board out there. We are all here to help each other or to ask questions. Don't be bashful. As Javajoy said, this is a rollercoaster ride, especially the first several months as your body goes through some amazing changes and you start losing the weight. It's a ride that I wish I'd taken years ago and am enjoying immensely.

Frank

:cool:

Welcome! Always glad to have a new member here. Keep us posted on how things are going. We will be here for support.

Welcome, Be sure to get in as much exercise as possible before surgery. Your recovery will go a lot easier. I had gastric sleeve an excellent choice.

cheers

Hi Hopeful,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the group. I have only been here 3 weeks but I found the members to be helpful and very supportive! I will help you anyway I can. Good luck on your journey, Nancy

Back