• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help! craving support...:)

praise

Hi All! I am just about to finish my pre-op classes first wed in Feb. Then insurance filed and away we go!! I know it will be easier if I can find a place to get support from people who know what I am going through... I will be having the sleeve procedure. So if ya wanna chat or whatever just let me know..:)[/FONT]

Hi,

Good luck on your journey to good health. I know a lot of our success is having a good support system set up before surgery. Finding a good knowledgable PCP, nutritionist, activity plan, counselor/coach, and a support group are all great supports. Having family support is very important also. Before I had surgery, I had to get letters from my doctor and family members showing their support before I was even approved for surgery. Keep in mind that wls is just a tool and confronting the head issues are very important. That is where the battle really is. I hope this helps you. Good luck!

praise-Wecome, you are certainly in the right forum for WLS support! You also need to join the "live" support group your surgeon sponsors. I've never heard of a weight loss surgeon not having a support group so this should be easy for you. I also will be having my surgery very soon. I just received insurance approval on 1/6/12 and need to attend a 2 hour nutrition class before I have surgery. I should know my surgery date this week. I will also need to go on a one week liquid diet prior to surgery.

There is a chat room in this forum. There is also a place to post a suggested chat time. I've not had any luck getting anyone except Kevin involved in a chat session but there are a lot more members now so maybe we can get something going :)

Make sure to visit the forum ofen so everyone knows how you are doing.

Welcome Praise. I am Tom. You are doing great with the pre surgery weight loss, it helps with the surgery and the healing, I think i lost 15 lbs pre surgery, the last week on the liquid diet I think I lost about 7 or 8 lbs. For me that was the hardest, I lived on bulion cubes in a big coffee cup of hat water and protien shakes. It is a wonderful journey and a change of life for the better, Let us know how it is going. :cool: Tom

Pat, sounds like you are getting closer :D, my thoughts are with you. I never have figured out the chat room although I have found it. I am going to my support group tomarrow I will take the web site address with me. Let know when you are scheduled. :cool:

Welcome, Praise. It sounds as if you are on the right track. I am so proud of you... and everyone who has taken this step. I look forward to reading your story and getting to know you a bit better here.

Be safe, take care, and hang in there. It's a good thing.

Letrell

Hi , Im going to do the Bariatric Surgery. I don't know what one is better. The Sleeve Gastrectomy or the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bybass.Can anyone out there help me out please. and by the foods, I do eat the Protein first,then the rest, for snacks, I eat Yoplait Greek, and Kellogg's Special K makes cereal bars and chips. you can eat them instead of the other bad snacks,, but keep the fruit and vegs,in your meals to..

Thank you ,,Bethlyn70

I did the Gastric Bypass because I had heavy Diabeties Resistance. It is a grade more successful but a grade more risk too. Ask the doc, my doc promised I would not be hungry. 6 weeks out, I could not eat easily. It is hard to eat. I eat only protien.

My opinion and my support staff at the hospital said the cereal bars have too much sugar. Hope you the best.

Florida.

Back