• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help Major Hair Loss

renie

i hope someone can help i have always suffered from thinning hair untill i i found NU-HAIR thinning hair serum but for the last week my hair has been falling out in clumps and its scary . i even found a shampoo with biotin and protein called fall fight from frutis << spelled wrong and they even have a spray i started using that today . if antone has anyother ideas please help. in the passed when i was younger and it thinned i had it cut and that helped a little , im going tomorrow to have it cut . my next step is a wig or those scarves that women wear .
thank u in advance
much love
Renie

Renie-When my hair started thinning out 5 weeks after surgery my nutritionist recommended an over the counter med called Hair Skin & Nails. She said it doesn't work for everyone but it worked for me. My hair stopped thinning within 2 or 3 weeks. I bought mine at Costco but Sam's Club and Walmart also carry it. Some other chain "pharmacy" stores also carry it so you should be able to find it easily.

Also, make sure you are getting your protein in. This will also help stop your hair from falling out.

Last edited:
Renie-When my hair started thinning out after my nutritionist recommended an over the counter med called Hair Skin & Nails. She said it doesn't work for everyone but it worked for me. My hair stopped thinning within 2 or 3 weeks. I bought mine at Costco but Sam's Club and Walmart also carry it. Some other chain "pharmacy" stores also carry it so you should be able to find it easily.

I figured it wouldn't happen to me, besides I don't have that much hair. It started and I don't want to lose what I have, so I'm starting on Biotin today to try and stop the loss.

Frank

:cool:

Pat99 how do you take the Hair Skin and Nails since it is a huge pill, did you crush it? I am using a Biotin shampoo bought at Vitamin Shoppe and no hair loss YET. I did take the Hair skin and nails before the surgery for about 3 weeks or so. The shampoo I am using you massage in it, it will not cure the problem immediately but... Also eat and drink lots of protein, sometimes it is from not having enough protein I hear. I am also told that if you do lose hair, you will get it back, just from shock of the surgery and the lack of Protein.

I found Nioxin shampoo and conditioner - it works very good, but kind of expensive. My hair has been trying to let loose and between taking the Biotin vitamin and using the Nioxin it is doing much better.

Sandie-I was able to swallow pills as long as they were no bigger than an M&M. I broke the Hair, Skin & Nails pills in half. I have also bit them into smaller pieces way back in my mouth trying not to taste them too much *LOL* They don't taste too good. You could crush them with a pill crusher or even try putting them in a small amount of water or other liquid to soften them then smash them up with the back of a spoon. You could try flavoring it with some Crystal Light powder before taking them. I'm thinking the lemonade would hide the taste the best.

Pat99 Yes they are huge, when I took them before the surgery I thought they tasted vile, so I do not want to taste them but maybe breaking in half or quarters and swalloing fast. I was told to not take any pills bigger than my little finger nail. I can say the Biotin shampoo I use has made my hair look fuller and a little wavy which it used to be before I hit 50 so that is a good thing.

Sandie-I just wanted to throw out some caution regarding Hair Skin & Nails to you and anyone else who is taking these. About 2 months ago I started having severe itching on the bottom area of my scalp towards the sides. I'm talking very intense driving me insane itching. It got worse over the course of a month. Since the only change I made was to take Hair Skin & Nails I called my nutritionist and asked her if anyone else was having this problem. She said she never heard of it happening before. I decided to stop taking it and within 24 hours the itching started to fade. Within 4 days it was completely gone. My nutritionist said since I was beyond the hair loss stage I could stop taking it. I decided to take only 1 pill a day instead of the recommended 3. I started getting the itching back but it was very slight and sporadic. I stopped taking them and the itching went completely away again. I doubt that this is coincidence. It could be that I develpoed a sensitivity to them and this might not happen to you or anyone else. They served their purpose well and I'm glad I found them in time not to lose any more hair.

Back