• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help

HELP!!! i had my gastric bypass done on may3rd. it seems i cant eat anything without being nausiated. the protein shakes make me so sick its awful. i try getting all my fluids in with my water and other drinks so i dont get dehydrated.my body is still healing and bruised every where. i get so depressed and upset wondering where im going wrong. im trying to get myself on a schedule and just when i think i have accomplished that..im knocked off the bench again.i need some ideas or some help or something because im so discouraged i could scream! people have no idea what this surgery details, and yes im venting because im so depressed and discouraged. i dont know what to do!!:(

Don't get discouraged time is what heals everything, you will feel better and the reward of losing the weight makes it all worth it. Have you seen your surgeon yet?

Are you in New York State or City?

Yankeegirl-Your surgery wasn't even 3 weeks ago so it's no wonder you are having a difficult time tolerating anything in your stomach. Plus, it's going to take at least another week or 2 for you to start getting your physical strength back so you should probably focus on resting. You need to rest when you are tired so try to forget about a schedule for now. You need to listen to what your body is telling you what it needs right now. You might consider letting your surgeon know what a rough time you are having so he can authorize some home health care visits for you. Someone coming to check on you 2 or 3 times a week can work wonders and can be very comforting :)

Unjury sells a protein powder that is made to mix with water. It's strawberry sorbet and tastes real good. It may be easier on your stomach than a protein drink mixed with milk. You can buy it on-line at Unjury.com. Some people on this forum also use Proasis protein "shots". You can drink them straight or mix them in your beverage or into Jello replacing some of the liquid. You can get them at WalMart or on-line at certain Bariatric websites. Check out the store associated with this forum to see if you can buy it there.

Hi YankeeGirl, it seemed like a month before I could get on a decent schedule where I could get enough fluids in and protien drinks, like Pat said make sure you get plenty of rest so you can heal up. I know it is hard not to get depressed at this point in your recovery. I remember thinking to myself at one point "waht have I done!" then I had to talk myself down and remember why I was doing this and I would start to get more energy and the soreness in my belly would go away. But go ahead and vent, I wish I had this forum when I was going through this. Hang in theree and remember we are all hear for you. :cool: Tom

I am almost 3 yrs in, and I remember post surgury very well.You are only a few weeks in, like TwoMas said get plenty of rest.I slept alot the first month or so, fluids where hard for me to take, but I just kept on sipping away, you are still healing.Things will get better for you:)
And I also agree with TwoMas, I wish there was this site when I went through my surgery. SO VENT AWAY!!

Good Luck!!

Back