• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

hey question about being four weeks out

gail

i am four weeks out not loosing any more weight and going emotionally coo coo if feel like why did i do this is this normal

Gail hi you are not alone each of us that has had the surgery went through an emotional roller coaster, maybe I should refrain that, some of us did. I wanted to cry for no apparent reason, I questioned my reasoning for having had the surgery and even said"WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF" I know realize it was because of the foods I couldn't have I was upset. but I am happy to say now that I am 4 months out, food choices massively improve and so does your whole outlook on life and on what we've had done to our bodies. YOU"VE done good with your weight loss 33 lbs that is alot for being only 4 weeks out. I know for me not having the "foods of my choice" at first was very hard, and I still battle with that on a daily basis somedays are better than others, but the good news is, once you see those pounds are gone and you can wear different clothes and you start getting complements on how good you look, you start telling yourself it was well worth what I've been through, and it only gets better. I know I have told alot of other people about this web site I was told about, check it out it is called The world according to eggface.com she had the surgery and went from a size 28 to a size 4 she has so many great receipes and idea's I love going to her site for new idea's for they're endless. I love to talk and listen to so if you need a listening ear, I'm here. Hope your day gets better for you. DOnna

i hate it i am not back to work because i had complications with bleeding and duch so my husband thinks i am just bored
i work in food service i cook prep and lift everything there is for the kitchen and do dishes so they are keeping me because of the lifting.
i just hate this whole thing right now i try to stick to it i eat and sometimes get sick i just i want normal back or somthing i just dont see the suffering being a great result of this i dont know i thought it would be diffrent i guess i hate every part of this right now

I went through the same thing. Right about 4 weeks out too. Remember you have to eat to lose weight and it will be a while yet before you get into a normal healthy routine. I know your frustration. But it will get better. I am 3 months out and finally doing well. I still have regret sometimes and wish I had not done this, but I did and now I need to look at all the positives. Expect there to be weeks that you don't lose. It plays games with your mind, but you will lose weight. Hang in there.

Yeah we all lose differently and its so true mind body and spirit. You will lose weight When you worry to much the mind seems to hold on to that stress and it is reflected in always in your life and even more so in your body. Relax stay on course and worry a little less... You will lose. And not worrying will end in a few weeks as you get further along,m exercise different choices. Drink your protein make good choices in your foods and take your vitamins. I feel great but I was a mess for a few weeks, I was among the 5% that had to have a extra surgery 2 days later, on my bowels. But I feel great now and glad to have had it done. You will too.
Hugs,
Angie

Gail-Things will get better. You're probably feeling very fatigued as well and that certainly doesn't help anyones mood. Once you get beyond pureed foods your food choices will improve and eventually you will be eating things you like but in moderation. Make sure to get enough protein and fluids and I promise you will feel better.

Make sure you let us know how you are doing.

thank you i just feel like i just want to eat and when i do i know i am eating fast and now i am suffering for it three minutes seem like an eteranty to wait between bites

You are out like a week longer than me and i am thinking the same thing...i have barely lost 7 pounds,,,nurse at doc's office said this happens sometime...but i didnt have the surgery to loose a whole lot of weight..mine was due to a very damaged pyloric opening....but I too wonder why I did this...I feel trapped.

please dont feel traped but ido know how you feel
i felt so draged and terrible and what i decided along with some help from a suport person i have is this
i needed to give this up to God . i asked God to begin with for guidance as i started this journey and i ask him to lead me with his love to do the right thing. soooo... i need to keep reminding myself i did this for a reason to get healthy and i know God is with me on this so i need to let God guide me and stop trying to do this on my own and keep going off track stay on track with what the docs and nutritionist tell me enad i will be fine doing this on my own will not work i have to have help so let others help you too i handed this up toGod and asked once again for guidance and help to do as he wants done and i feel much better and my suport is going through things and we now feel so much better reach out and ask for help and guidance with your journey you can not do it alone

Hi, the feelings you are both having are quite normal. I would say that everyone, especially in the weeks following surgery, questions the decision to have WLS. It's perfectly normal. As to not losing weight, remember that you probably gained 5 to 15 pounds from the IV you had during surgery and recovery, so that has to be added into the equation. Also make sure you are getting your protein in, that is absolutely essential to the weight coming off. Finally remember that we all lose weight at different rates, so don't be discouraged. Follow the plan from your Dr and the weight will come off. Remember to walk as much as you can and sip, sip, sip. Keep us informed of how things are going and remember we're all here with a shoulder to lean on.

:cool:

thank you it is great to talk to others that are going through the same things and know you are not cray it great

thanks Gail

Thanks Gail...this is difinitely a roller coaster....and I knew this was the only route i had for any quality of life...so I so appreciate all the support. I paid 2500 dolllars for 24/7 support thru the surgeons and hospital but its 80 miles away...and i dont really want to travel that far for support...and I cant find a support group here...yea I know i should start one myself right? Not right now I woke up with my brain being in like a shock like...."what have i done!" I am just now accepting what has happened to me...I couldnt eat much before this surgery and now I cant but eat two tablespoons of goo...lol..I should of been use to this....but i got on Eggface.com and got lot of recipes for the pureed diet....and even though i dont think my surgeon wants me to eat corn beef and beef hash...i am going to go get it!!! That woman on that site...Shelly has help me resolve and accept what has happened...I awakened and my guts have been rearranged! Thanks everyone for this support! I am not alone....

Back