• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi All!

Hi All,

Very excited to find this support group. My name is Jamie. I am a 30 year old single mother of two. I am an RN working on a surgical floor, part of my job includes taking care of patients who have had the Roux-en y or Gastric sleeve.

I am almost 2 months into the program at the hospital that I work at and my goal is to have the Roux-en y done in October. I am working hard to lose the weight that I have to in order to have the surgery. I have to lose a total of 23 pounds and so far have lost 13 since weigh in at the bariatric office.

I am really nervous about having the operation but at the same time I am looking forward to living my life. I feel like my weight holds me back in so many ways. I can't wait to see what my future holds and I look forward to being a part of this support group!

Take care everyone!

Jamie

Hi Jamie
Welcome to the group! Good luck with the pre-weight loss and way to go you are more than 1/2 way there!
Margaret

Jamie-Welcome to the forum. I think you will like it here. We help each other out as much as possible. Make sure to come back to ask questions or offer advice. Your work experience will come in handy helping others who have already had the surgery. There are often questions regarding aftercare while still in the hospital.

Hi Jaime, Welcome. You should be able to reach your target weight for surgery with no problem with how well you are doing so keep it up. You have a unique opportunity to see people in thier first few days of recovery and some of the complications that arise in that time period. Let us know how thing are going. :cool: Tom

Back