• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi everybody, i finally got to see surgeon, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well the story is, now must loose 25 pounds, 60gr, protien a day & he is booked up with surgeries until june maybe early july, so the continued "wait" is still a big part of my life, he is going to do an "open w/l surgery & reconstruct my stomach for it's all herniated with hernia's. So will be cut from breastbone down.but i don't have to have 2 surgeons he alone will do all the work, so knowing i'll have my intestines back in place and loose this basketball hernia & w/l all same day. Yes it's alot of surgery & he told me it will be rough but i can handle it. Will make 4th hernia surgery & 1st w/l & the only weight loss surgery i will need.
But i do appreciate each & every one of you listening to me carry on about my long wait, but sometime soon i'll be like everybody else, i'll have my surgery & become the healthier person i want to be. Found protein drink i like from walmart "watermelon flavor liquid, taste great add to unsweeted kool-aide & add diet sugar and sip on it all day.2.50 & add it to 2 quarts kool-aide makes it cheaper and 27 grams protien, i love water so this works for me. Don't care for the whey drinks you mix with milk, but this is a whey product & they had grape & tropical punch too, gonna mix some in sugar free jello too, so anyway i can get the extra protein points i need daily, and i am gonna loose that 25 pounds he said plus work on loosing more before the surgery & increase my exercise too , lost 5 since last week, so happier day's are ahead.
Hope all of you are having a good week and continued success no matter where you are at with your journey. It's definetly a waiting game & trying of "patiences' i must remind myself i didn't get this size over-night so it's up to me to change now and forever one bite at a time. All of you are so kind and i truly appreciate all the help you give me with advice and friendship. I will continue to share as i continue on.
Donna(bigtallsis)

Donna-I am so very happy for you!!! I can feel your excitement and commitment in your post and know you will be successful in meeting your goals. I know today is a milestone in your journey to a healthier new you. Your next milestones will be losing the 25 pounds your surgeon requires, scheduling the actual surgeries and having the surgeries :) Just like most of us you will begin to feel a rollercoaster ride of emotions including happiness, apprehension, excitement, disbelief and panic just to name a few. In the end it's all good and will be entirely worth it. I know you will see this thing through to the end with the same enthusiasm you have shown in this forum from the beginning. If you ever hit a rough patch just remember that we will all be here for you :)

great news Donna! I'm happy for you! I am still waiting for the phone call, maybe tomorrow, I didn't get a letter at home, so I don't know if the surgeon got their copy or not. I'm so tired of waiting. Today was a stressful day for me, was in tears from stress, depression and pain in my lower back. Been hurting since yesterday and I saw my chiropractor on Monday, but I guess I need more help, i'm in bed with a heating pad hoping to relieve the pain.

Good luck to you, I know you will do great!

Hi Donna, I am so happy for you:D it has been a long wait. You have made it this far, the next 25 lbs will be just around the corner, hopefully you have a high protien low fat low cal meal plan from you nutritionist. You will be in my prayers. :cool: Tom

my gosh you are the most caring group!!! i feel like their is a little of me in each reply. oh the wait and now wed the 16th surgery...they dont know if it will be a complete open or not. i started this process last nov. because i had a lap band with no support or educ. the problems i have read about are so very very familiar to me, even finding anyone who would help me was impossible. my then dr. called several dr.s to plead my case but because i had surgery out of the country no one would see me. finally one surgeon with some background did. this resulted in emer surgery. now after much thought and prayer i am ready with my sisters help and this wonderful support group. i know one thing eventually i really felt it was it. the greatest feeling to not feel hungry and eat to live not live to eat. hi to everyone. actually my first name is elaine.

Hi Elaine, 6 more days, you must be so excited, let us know how you are doing, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :cool: Tom

donna...I told you it will happend and you have so much to look forward to. what iswrong with the EAS 17 gm protein,3 carbs and 0 sugar for your proteing. It is hard enough to do proteiin drinks mwithout dealing with that nasty tasting whey........Jello is great also think about thr things tht you are goingto be eating right after surgery and incorporate them into your diet. You can do it and thenby june or july the time will fly by. Not to mtoot my own hornbut I am wavering between195 and 197. no more 200 thank god. good luck patti

Back