• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi, I am new here.

Moonladee

Hi all, I will be getting the sleeve in about 6 to 7 weeks.. I have lost 42 lbs since the start of the year. Very very nervous! Excited to be moving forward. But starting to freak a little in my head!! lol Need some support and any info/ exper. anyone can give me, would be great!

Thanks. :)

Welcome Moonladee
What you're feeling now is pretty natural-I was so confused a few days before my surgery I didn't know what to ask,much less what to expect-follow your program-sounds like you're oon your way-Good Luck and stay here with us-Someone is always here to help and encourage you.If you read the threads you will see that there are lots of varied experiences posted here.
Take Care
Ron

Thanks Ron. I have been thinking and rethinking over and over it in my head the last month. haha.. That's why I signed up on here. To get more info from people that are going or have gone through this.

Moonladee-Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your 42 pound weight loss. That is quite an accomplishment to do on your own. It's very normal to feel nervous and anxious before surgery. It's an emotional rollercoaster to go through such a life altering journey. You will be experiencing a lot of emotions between now and your surgery date and even beyond. So far I have no regrets and I don't think anyone could have been more nervous than I was *LOL*. When you arrive at the hospital you will be kept so busy you won't have time to be nervous and before you know it everything will be over and you will be in recovery then in your room.

The important thing to remember is to follow the advice of the surgeon and nutritionist and everything will be just fine. Make sure to come back to the forum to let us know how you are doing.

Hi Moonladee. I remember going through all kinds of emotions it is very normal, I had a great support group with all my family behind me. My three daughters all went to the hospital with me the day of surgery, I was really scared too, it was great to have them all there, hopefully yopu have good support group of family and friends they are a great help. They might not understand all the emotions and anxiety though but if you have any questions and concerns we are all here for you feel free to ask anything. You are doing great with the pre surgery weight loss it will help out with your surgery and recovery a great deal, keep up the good work and hang in there, if you have a local support group go to one of them if you can. :cool: Tom

hi Moonladee

WELCOME TO THIS SITE, if you're like the rest of us, you'll love this site, everyone takes time to listen and answer your questions.
I haven't had my surgery yet, but everyone has continued to listen to me and my endless questions and concerns and they'll do the same for you.
we're approaching a new journey of becomming healthier people, sounds like you've got a good start, GREAT weight loss you've done on your own. YOU have WILLPOWER and you'll do good.
Keep comming back and sharing your concerns and stories other's do the same. this is the best chat room I've ever belonged too.
hoping once I see surgeon in may that I get my surgery date for may too.
take care
Donna

Hi moonladee-
I am nervous too, I'm hoping for surgery in June but confusion and hesitation tries to creep in every now and then! I wouldn't have taken it this far and gotten the clearances thus far if I didn't really know in my heart that this is the best thing for me!

Take care,
Jessica

Back