• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Holy Cow!!! I can't believe it!!!!

Friday is my weigh in day so I got up this morning and weighed in and as of today I have lost a 100 lbs !!! I just can't believe it :) A 100 lbs !!! I feel wonderful and I look a whole lot better. I had a garage sale last weekend and sold all my old cloths. I have to say I was a little sad to see them go. I only have 15 more lbs to lose and I have reached my final goal. I look back and I wish I had done this earlier in my life. I was so scared of dumb things . Scared of saggy skin ( which I do have ) and what people would say sense I come from a small town. Unlike some of you I haven't told many people. I just feel like it's no ones business but my own. Just with in the last month it has gotten harder. People are now asking me what I did to lose the weight. I'm not lying when I tell them I workout 5 days a week, watch my diet, stopped drinking pop all together and drink water until I float:) I really do need to work up the guts to tell some of them the whole truth because they to could use help with their weight. I have been sooo lucky. I have had NO PROBLEMS at all!! None. I didn't get dumping syndrome. No post op problems. I eat almost anything I want just a lot smaller portion. I've been pretty lucky. The only thing is my hair is falling out but the Dr. said to increase my protein intake and that should get better. Being a girl I love to shop and now I have so many other choices then before!! I picked up a pair of cute capris from the thrift store yesterday thinking I'll just hang on to them until they fit. Tried them on when I got home and they fit now!!! I went from a size 24 to a size 16 jean...super happy!!! I'm not a big Walmart fan for cloths but I walk by them and think I don't have to wear old ladies cloths any more!!! I'd have to order a lot of my cloths online because we really don't have any plus size stores where I live. Now I can just go to the mall..YEAH!!! My family has been super wonderful with all the support in the world. My best friend ( who works out with me everyday ) is over weight and struggles. I feel guilty that I'm dropping the weight and she's not. I want her to have the surgery but she doesn't have any insurance :/ I don't know what to say to her at times. I'll just keep supporting her that's all I can really do. I haven't lost any friends over my weight loss but I'm still the same person I was when I was heavy. Nothing has changed. Now for the future my new goal is to focus on keeping the weight off. I work in the health field and I see a ton of people come through that have had the surgery and gained most, if not all, the weight back. I just keep telling myself that the surgery is just a tool!!! It's a life change. I'm really trying to learn from other peoples mistakes. I see things that their not suppose to be doing like drinking pop. Every person that has gained weight back is drinking pop. I never want to go back to being that person. This is truly a happy day:) I'm just damn proud of myself!! YEAH for me:)

that is awesome...I know it feels good to watch the weight come off...it is really the only thing that makes me feel good with the whole process. Im still fairly new and having some issues myself but when I use the measuring tape or step on a scale I feel better. the changes are happening even though I am struggling. Weightloss for me is the bonus..my reason for surgery was to get healthier. I really wasn't miserable in my own skin. anyway, congrats and I hope you keep having wonderful results.

Hello Kitty, Congratulations! That must be a wonderful feeling. Thank you for posting this, it is very encouraging. Keep up the amazing work.

eloraeternal, I'm sorry to hear you're having some struggles. I hope you can overcome them and push through.

Hello kitty, this is a good day, I remember my day of reaching this goal the feeling was so good, I'm very happy for you, stay focused and keep moving forward we can do this

You just wrote my life story! LOL. Everything you said applies to me too. I had surgery March 5th, have lost 60 lbs. and haven't told anyone except the people who be most supportive. My husband and daughter and a couple of my coworkers who are now post sleeve patients. I too quit drinking anything carbonated, try to exercise daily, work hard to get my fluids in and wish I could have done this surgery 10 years ago. I sold all of my big girl clothes yesterday in a garage sale. I know this is a stupid complaint, but I'm having to learn how to shop again. I knew exactly where to go to buy the big girl clothes, but now I'm having to relearn the layout to all the stores I've shopped at for years. I too plan on never being the fattest person in the room again. Congratulations on your success and you should be just damn proud of yourself. I hope at 6 months, I too can say 100# gone! Yeah for US!

Thanks so much for the inspirational posts! It makes waiting for my surgery that much harder and more exciting while proving that it will be soooo worth it!

Congrats Hello Kitty, that is an awesome achievement. You've joined the BIG LOSER club. I'm proud of you.

Frank

:cool:

Congratulations, Hello Kitty!! I can relate to much of what you've said. I too have told just family and a few others. Like you, I don't think it's anyone's business what I do in my personal life. Those that matter to me are aware of my surgery and the hard work that has followed! I'm 5 months out and 75 lbs down! WOO HOO!! I can't wait to hit my 100 lb milestone! People are starting to notice and comment about my loss and like you, I focus on the daily workouts, high protein, high fiber, low sugar, low calorie, and tons of water required! :D I also have not had ANY problems and even the insurance process was a breeze. (My stuff was faxed to them one day and they literally met and approved my surgery the next!) Oh, and here's an ironic twist...a year ago in April, I was hit head-on by a drunk driver on my way to work at 7:00 am. This life changing event is what prompted me to get up off my butt and make this positive change in my life. Because of the stupid drunk driver hitting me, I'd met all of my insurance deductibles so my surgery cost me almost nothing! I figure that was just the icing on the cake....I'm still alive, & I feel better than I have in years! ;)

Congratulations to everyone!!! I feel great as well. I didn't have any problems post op, and my insurance was a breeze. They approved it right away. I had so many health problems though and just couldn't go through the pain anymore. Now I'm doing great, I'm down 100+ lbs and it's amazing. I thank god for the Goodwill because at the rate I'm going through clothes I can't afford to buy new. I have splurged here and there and so has my hubby... :) My family is very supportive of me, and I can't thank them enough!! I wish you all the best in your weight loss!!

Hello Kitty: That saggy skin thing, start now to save up for some plastic surgery. In the meantime, I bought a set of ankle weights and use them on my wrists when I do my walks (I walk to and from work). This has really worked to tighten up the under arm skin and tone up my arms and chest. Dead lifts of the arms front back and sideways held for as long as possible, the dynamic movement of the arms across the body and up and down. It really works and the walking is great for toning up the legs, as well as cycling. It sounds as if you have the right attitude going for you, congratulations! Best of luck for you and your friend. Try and encourage her to follow the same diet as yourself and she will have success also, maybe it will only take a little longer.

cheers

Back