• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How Many Calories?

mjinnewmexico-Hi, I'm Pat and will be having my surgery very soon. As for daily caloric intake, as I'm sure you know, it will vary from person to person. It looks like you have exceeded your goal-congrats on your weight loss. If you are trying to gain some weight to get to your goal just add a couple of hundred calories a day to whatever you are consuming now. BUT, if you have any health issues at all you should really consult your doctor first and perhaps get the advice of a dietitian to make sure you are adding the right type of foods. Continued success and please come back to the forum often to let us know how you are doing and also to share your experience with others.

Welcome mj! It's great to have you here. I am 2 1/2 yrs out and have exceeded my goal. I'm now trying to regain some weight. I am way too small. But I'm following the vitamin / supplement rules for me and am healthy and active. So life isn't so bad. :)

My caloric intake is supposed to be 1,200/day. I get in maybe 600. Sometimes 800 or 900 if I manage to consume fat. Pat is spot-on with her suggestion to speak with your nutritionist or at least to one that is experienced with WLS patients. I'm excited to read about your journey and what you are up against right now. I look forward to more posts from you!

Letrell

Hi MJ
I'm 14 months post op and my son is out about 6 weeks-My long term goal is 1200/80.1200 calories and 80 grams of protien per day-My sons targets are 800/80.I've had a good run in the last 14 months and sort of stopped losing @ about 178.Then summer hit and I started working outside more and have gone down to 172.I weigh myself weekly so I don't know if I'm done losing or not.I do take my recommended vitamins and also take a probiotic once a day.My nutrition checks have been good so far and all my other health issues have cleared up.
Good Luck on you journey.
Ron

Back