• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hunger vs. Fullness - your thoughts.

rebeccajcs

I am 4 days post-op RNY. I have gotten hungry maybe twice - so I know what that feels like. My dietician says to stop eating when I feel full, but I feel full most of the time. She's not talking about sipping on liquids. We're talking about my 3 to 4 puréed food meals per day. She did warn me that I might feel full after just a couple of bites. How long does that last? Should I just prepare 1 ounce portions for my meals for now?

I would do whatever feels right for you. In other words, if preparing more than one ounce is more convenient and possible to save for later, then do that. If not prepare the one ounce or minimum size and eat that. Eat slowly. I found it worked best for me to eat standing and walking around while I chewed. But I had esophageal problems, I still do I would sit with my family while they eat, but they like to eat in front of the tv and I just can't win that argument so that's the way it is. ;-/

Thanks, Gr8k8! Sometimes I focus too much on directions that I need someone to tell me to listen to my own body :p

You seem to be doing very well do listen to your body it will tell u when it satisfied u will get sick if over eating if not hungry don't eat even if it seem to be the whole day don't forget to take you vitamins and sip water all day.

Back