• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I know it's a gross topic but....changes in stool color???

NanaG67

Has anyone out here had white stools after surgery?? I am 2 weeks out, on soft foods now, I am finding that I cannot eat eggs, but also noticed that yesterday while I was sick that my stools were white.

My daughter has been researching online and most sites show that it is caused by a lack of bile or blocked bile ducts... But we aren't sure if this is common after surgery...Is this something I need to worry about?? :p

Hi Nana, that sounds like a Doc question about the color:rolleyes:. I know it becomes more difficult for bowel movements post op but added fiber or flax can help with that. :cool: Tom

I will call my dr's office today and ask them. When I couldn't go at all, they told me to drink milk of magnesia, and other people are telling me to drink maalox...so I guess I better just call

wat stool???lol

They told me i would be regular after surgery but for me thats the farthest thing.. i am 10 weeks out and i can not eat eggs my pouch dont like it .. i found for me when i drink lots of water it passes and i amm soo glad cus this constipation is a real stopper upper lmao.. i really need to eat more foods but for now i drink 2 30 grams of protine drinks mabey a little yogurt but man im reall getting tired of of soft food.. oh oh 2 weeks ago i ate a quater of a wheat turket bacon avacodo sammie with lots of mayo .. it was ddelish but when i came back from vacation i was back to drinking my protine . poop.:(

I think the milk of magnesia may be the reason for the color change since it's supposed to go to the colon so you can have a bm in the am. I've had this after the Upper GIs w/the barium. I'd definitely call but if you're taking milk of magnesia I believe that's the source.

Let us know, I'm not grossed out by too much & know I'm real curious.

Wow Shawn, you were able to eat a sandwich, I stay as far away from those as possable, to much bread makes me dump, I can handle one slice of wheat toast if I eat it with eggs and bacon/sausage:rolleyes:, still one of my favorite brealfast meals. :cool: Tom

yes i love wheat bread even before this and the wheat bread was so light and fluffyand the fixing was soooooo..yummy... i only ate like four bites of it.. but i was happy as heck avacodo was delish and i didnt even get sick but thats all i ate all weekend,..

Please definetly let us know what the doc says in case we have this problem but I too bet it is the milk of magnesium. Sandra

Back