• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I need some ideas!!!

I need some ideas....i am almost 4 weeks post op and i need some ideas of soft food we are aloud to eat after surgery!!i am getting sick of yogurt, and soups!!! Any ideas are appreciated!!;)

Ok, here goes, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, sugar free pudding, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat or oatmeal (not thick for either), applesauce, Malt O Meal, mashed sweet potatoes...these are all off the list I got from my surgeon. I hope it helps

Gloria

Ok, here goes, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, sugar free pudding, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat or oatmeal (not thick for either), applesauce, Malt O Meal, mashed sweet potatoes...these are all off the list I got from my surgeon. I hope it helps

Gloria

That sounds like what I ate minus the oatmeal and cream of wheat. I still like eating that stuff. :cool: Tom

My problem is dealing with eating soups when it is 90-100 degrees outside....but I know I have to do it, so I will manage somehow. :cool:

The only things I can add are canned tuna, chicken and turkey mixed with a small amount of lite mayo. Add a little bit of dried minced onions, parsley and black pepper. The nice thing about these suggestions is that you have enough for 3 days for each can you use. Hard boiled egg with lite mayo and a bit of sweet relish, mustard and black pepper. Eat without bread or crackers.

You can also eat tofu. Slice it or cube it and add a packett of sweetener and a little bit of sugar free pancake syrup-eat it warm or cold. I think it tastes very much like french toast. Or mix it with some lower sodium soy sauce and ground ginger. You can also add tofu to bouillon (broths), tomato soup, spaghetti sauce, cooked veggies, etc. I use the firm tofu for most things.

Well Tofu is one thing you won't catch me eating. I will stick to steamed zucchini and squash. I don't care for eating soups in the summer time, but considering my alternatives, I don't think I have much of a choice. I love cottage cheese, so I will eating plenty of that this summer along with yogurts and sugar free popsicles and fudgesicles. It does get mighty hot here in Texas!

Back