• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I think I found my energy

Kim M

Hi All, Well today was the first day I had an abundance of energy. I have not felt this good even before surgery. I worked a full day. Stopped at my Dad's to drop something off and chat awhile. Then I went for a hair cut. I then came home made a few calls and did some work from home. I am starting to fade now, but I have been up since 6 a.m. I was very mentally clear, with the exception of forgetting to pick up my client where I told him to be. I did go back and get him. Don't know what Friday will bring, but just enjoying the day. Sending out positive vibes to all those knowingly and unknowingly in need.

Hi Kim, that sounds great, you must be so excited because this is just the begining, your doing great. :cool: Tom

That's wonderful news Kim!!! I started getting my energy back during the third month after surgery. Just don't over do it and make sure you stay within the lifting rerquirements the sugeon gave you.

Hi Pat, I thing I overdid it. I was busy all weekend and feel wiped out the last few days. Am taking it slower and hoping for a return of energy. It almost feels like complete fatigue. I do have to take extra vitamins because of some low counts. I also have to have my liver checked next week. Hoping things are improving.

Kim-Considering your surgery was only 2 months ago I think you should slow down a little to give your surgey a chance to fully heal. I don't mean to stop exercising, just don't push yourself, it proves nothing. It's going to take another month to heal up and to start to feel energized as you change to the last phase of your meal plan. Been there, done that :) :) :)

Back