• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I think something got stuck....

Djs76

Been feeling bad since breakfast this AM, like there was an obstruction in the pouch (roux y surgery). I'm 5 days post op. Haven't been able to eat or drink since, finally been able to get or to come back up.....I hope. Any chance I damaged something? I'm afraid to eat or drink anything at this point :eek:

wow eating at 5 days post opp. I did a couple weeks of liquid. I hope you are okay but if this continues be sure to call the Dr. office.
Good luck

I 1 week post RNY and my surgeon advanced me to pureed foods before I left the hospital. You need to drink the recommended amt. Just sip, sip, sip throughout the day. Anything that you "eat" throw in a blender and make sure there are no solid chunks. One of my favs is masked potato and low fat cottage cheese. . It is really smooth after blended and has a sinful luxious taste. Don't forget fat free pudding and crush your pills that are not liquid.

Call your surgeon if you think there is any problem. I know it is scary, but I'll bet you will be fine.

Thanks for the insight. I actually felt much better the next day and have been great since! Really not missing anything yet, long road ahead though.

I had my RNY in Oct 2012 and still don't really miss anything, foodwise. I do miss the freedom of not thinking about what to eat next, I would just eat whatever was convenient, now I have to plan everything out. Well worth the trade off.

Frank

:cool:

I had my RNY in Oct 2012 and still don't really miss anything, foodwise. I do miss the freedom of not thinking about what to eat next, I would just eat whatever was convenient, now I have to plan everything out. Well worth the trade off.

Frank

:cool:
Glad to hear that your cravings are under control more than a year post-op. I'm not quite 3 months out, and I'm starting to worry about it. And I'm not usually a worrier!
There is a lot of planning to our daily menus, isn't there? The upside is that I usually have something in the refrigerator or freezer that I can eat, or make quickly. 1 minute in the microwave gets dinner ready. And my grocery bills have dropped to almost nothing. There's a big difference in taking 4 days to eat one chicken breast and eating 2 for one meal.

Back