• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

If only I had known...

kaboodah

I had a revision done back in April and it was the worst decision I have ever made. If it could have gone wrong, it did. I have dealt with an out of control heart that was, before surgery, in magnificent condition. I spent 3 days in ICU and my left lung almost completely collapsed. I still have some fluid on it, but I am working through it. I would love to go back to work, but who knows! I already spent most of the remaining month of April in the hospital after the surgery. I have gone back twice since then for dehydration and intense pain in my left shoulder. My original gastroplasty was done back in 1999 and I had no complications. Only after having my last son in 2009 that no matter what I did, I just could not lose the weight. After this ordeal that me, my amazing husband and our 7 children have been going through, I could never recommend anyone doing a revision. Having the surgery or the first time is one thing, but revisions are terrible. Now, after all of that venting (sorry) my one major concern I am having is that I cannot seem to get rid of these intense, horrible, never freaking ending gas pains. I have tried gas-x and I am only drinking drink mixes that do not have aspartame in them. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you and God Bless!

Hi Kaboodah and welcome. I'm not sure what to say. I am sorry that you've had a very hard time since the revision. The gas issue is not from surgery, otherwise I was going to suggest walking, as it helped me. What does your Dr say about it? If you haven't asked yet, you should. Let us know what he says.

Frank

:cool:

Hi Kaboodah, so sorry to hear about your problems post revision. I do hope you will get past them very soon! I've had a revision myself and have had no issues except gas, but that's normal. Are you working with a dietician to see about alternate choices for things to eat/drink? Take care and keep us up dated!

Back