• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Im new!

Dejavu108

Hello everyone! My name is Lindsay and im 28 years old. I have a 3 year old daughter and an 8 month old son. I work as a nurse (RN), and as a veterinary technologist. After many years of schooling and building my family its time to focus on myself and get rid of my obese status! Im excited to have support here since you all understand, by husband is as supportive of the next skinny person, he just doesnt get it! Eager to hear all your stories and words of encouragement. Thanks!

Hi Dejavu,

Welcome to the forum! Wishing you the best on your journey. Come back often with any questions or to just chat and get some support. Joy

Hello, Lindsay!

And Welcome to another Bostonian. There are several Members in and around the area. What a fabulous city to be in for bariatric surgery and live support. Congratulations on your desire to improve your life. Just imagine how much easier to chase after your children if you aren't aready carrying 100 extra pounds! And you are sooo right. I don't think any skinny person ever totally "gets it" about being obese and the need not to be so.

Glad you found your way here. Where are you in the process? Have you chosen your surgeon? Are you settled on rny as "the" surgery for you? You'll find lots of support here. Again, Welcome!

Hello Dejavu108, Welcome to this support group. There are so many great suggestions and support here. I just joined yesterday and have read so many suggestions that I can put to use. I am having the gastric sleeve and my surgery has not yet been scheduled. I am working on my healthy eating style and weight goal needed before surgery. I am glad that I have this time to take little steps to a lifetime commitment. It is a good plan, not a diet!!! Hope our journeys are shared.

Dejavu-Welcome to the forum and congratulations on deciding to take the weight loss journey. You will find this forum friendly, helpful and non-judgemental. We are all in this together and learn from each other. Feel free to vent, ask questions and offer advise to others. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for chosing to be a nurse, especially in this time where we are severly lacking qualified medical professionals. When I was in high school (a loooong time ago, in the early 70's) the counselor's were stiring people away from nursing careers and towards psychology and social work. It's funny how the tides have turned in these areas. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do and look forward to seeing your posts :) :) :)

Thanks everyone! Im definetly having the RNY, i originally wanted the sleeve but after my orientation at the hospital i changed my mind, because of many reasons. I do not have a date yet, im meeting with the dietician and psychologist next week! I cant wait!

Hi Lindsay, Welcome. Congratulations on your decision to have WLS. Let us know how your appointments are going. :cool: Tom

Back