• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introduction

dking3284

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dana and I am a married mother of two, with one in Heaven. I live in the Boston area and work as a Case Worker.

I have struggled with my weight for most of my life and have decided that Gastric Bypass is the right choice for me.

After my first child passed away, I developed a very severe eating disorder and became extremely thin. After years or starvation, I became pregnant again and gained nearby 100lbs.

Once again I fell back into my battle with Anorexia and eventually lost most of the weight. I continued this unhealthy lifestyle for the next four years until becoming pregnant with baby number three - gaining well over 100lbs.

Fortunately, I managed to avoid rehashing my old behaviors of starving myself, however, I have not been able to lose any of the weight on my own. I've tried every diet on the planet with no such luck. I then considered having weight loss surgery as a way of assisting myself with losing the weight in a healthy manner.

It has been exactly one year since I have began the process of preparing for Gastric Bypass and I have finally been given a surgery date for July 1st! Yayyy!!!

So, there is my story and I am looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life. If anyone has any advice for me, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
- D

Hi D, and welcome! I am so sorry to hear of your loss and your past struggles. I can't imagine going through what you've been through. You sound like a fighter and I'm sure you'll do great on this journey. This is a wonderful place for support and encouragement at every stage. I have two little ones as well, and I can't wait to be healthier so I can run and play with them without tiring out so quickly. Your date will be here before you know it. Good luck! :)
-Jenny

Hi Dana, Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've done a lot of contemplating about your weight loss struggles. That's good! Self-awareness, I think, is the key, and understanding your triggers. The best of luck to you.

Thanks Guys! I have actually been in weekly therapy sessions for months now, working on myself and how to be successful with my weight loss. I'm so excited!!!

Hi Dana and welcome to the board. You sound like a success story waiting to happen. Good luck on your surgery and let us know if you have any questions or concerns before and after surgery.

Frank

:cool:

Back