• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Is anyone in their late 20's - early 30's?

Eleanor

I know it's not common for folks our age (I'm 29) to have WLS, but I know there are a few others out there. I was hoping to find someone to buddy with!
I'm 29, married with 2 kids - a 6 year old and a 1 year old. I live in Augusta, GA.

Hi, Eleanor, Welcom to the forum. Although I am 45 you are not alone out there, in my local support group we have people in their your age group. I am sure there are others on this forum that are close to your age, also don't forget about local support groups, that is a great place to meet othes your age. Good luck. :cool: Tom

hi eleanor
welcome abroad ,
i'm 55 and getting the surgery, i should have had it done when i was your age, but you'll have many healthier years ahead of you for you're working towards a healthier you.
There are people on here of all ages and in this forum you'll meet so many people whom are friendly and who understand what you're going through.
Are you still going through the process of pre-op tests? Do you have a surgery date yet and is your family supportive?
Glad to meet you even though i 'm an old foggie by age, i love to meet and talk to others on here, so you have a good day.
Donna

Hello I'm 33 years young lolz... I have 3 kids. 15 year old daughter-3year old daughter (almost 4)-2 year old son. My baby making days are over. I'm getting WLS May 30, 2012. Feel free to contact me.

Hi Eleanor,
I'm Jenny, and I'm new to the boards. I'm 28 and am married with a 6 year old boy and 15 month old girl. I'd love a buddy as well. What part of the journey are you currently in? So far, I've been making the changes my psychologist and nutritionist reccommended for me as far as diet and exercise. I have also been reading and researching a ton. I don't have a surgery date yet, I've gotten all of my tests and procedures completed and now we're just playing the waiting game. I feel very blessed to have been assigned to the surgeon I was assigned to. He seems incredibly supportive and compitent and I have complete faith in him that he will take wonderful care of me. Well, I'm fairly new to the forums, so not sure of the details of how everything works, but I'd love to chat with you, if you'd like. Good luck to you and I hope to hear more about your journey.

Hi there,

I am 34, married with a 7 and 5 year old. I am 3 weeks post op and brand new to this website. Would love to connect on here. Good luck!

I guess I am in the inbetween group as I am 45 and just fixing to have surgery in the next 6 weeks. But I will be glad to talk to anyone that needs to talk

Hi Im Lisa 27, im just starting. havent had any tests yet. I would love to have some buddies my age. Well any buddies really cause were all going through the same thing

I know it's not common for folks our age (I'm 29) to have WLS, but I know there are a few others out there. I was hoping to find someone to buddy with!
I'm 29, married with 2 kids - a 6 year old and a 1 year old. I live in Augusta, GA.

Hey Eleanor, I am Jen. I am 33 with a hubby and 10 yr old daughter. I live right out side Nashville Tn. great to meet another southner!!!
:cool:

Back