• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

is it just me or done anyone think of

I have thought of it. We will see when the time comes. A year and a half to two years is a long time. I might get hit by a bus way before then. LOL

I'm not liking the idea of plastic surgery but some of my excess skin is starting to pinch and hurt when I sit down *LOL* And the doc said it's only going to get worse.

You ncan get infections and boils it can be a bad thing. So maybe your insurance will pay for the removal of the over hang. Good luck

Oh no I hope not, stay away from buses. I am going to go to a plastic surgeon in Ohio state University cause its cheaper. And I trust them. Going in April for his idea and prices. I have not got to far to go. I was thinking body conture. But will see what he thinks.

Won't think of that for a year-possibility and hopefully I will be back in my warmer state of Florida.

Carol

I will follow the recommendations of my surgeon and wait approximately two years after reaching goal before I decide. I have to admit that it does cross my mind and the number of problems it causes will be the deciding factor. I don't really care about having it done at my age but if problems develop I may have to. Not afraid or anything, just try to avoid surgery like the plague especially if it isn't necessary. Getting a lapband was necessary!

Hi ladies i have definetly thought about plastic surgery once i get all these pounds off, haven't had a flat stomach since i was a teenager, would love to be able to turn sideways and not see a flabby belly with skin. Until the pounds are gone and can get the insurance to pay for a tummy tuck i will rely on playtex 18hr girdles because they work wonders for hiding the excessive skin. One day all of us will look and feel like "barbies" or just feel good about ourselves no matter what are body type is or what our height is we will be happy that we are healthier than we've ever been before. Donna

Back