• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

January challenge

3momchaos

Happy 2022 y’all! Starting off with complete honesty because if I’m not honest with myself, what’s the point? My daily challenges are:
Protein: goal 80 grams daily-today I did not track
Water: 64 oz-today 64oz
Mindful eat- not today
Purposeful movement- not at all LOL it was a lazy day!
Bi weekly weigh ins will be on Monday and Thursdays
I’m looking forward to getting my mind back in this-the holidays took a toll on my motivation but I only have myself to hold accountable!

Hi y'all. I decided to have a fresh start today with a "fast" fast, just for today. I need to get myself back in balance, and I want to get back to experiencing true hunger vs head hunger. I absolutely do not recommend this for anyone else.

I used to do intermittent fasting periodically, pre-surgery, usually every 3-4 days. Increasing my water intake about 2-fold made it possible, and it never caused constant hunger or discomfort.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of a new happier & healthier me. Tracking starts tomorrow, including water, protein, and movement.

Happy 2022! May we finally find the peace and joy we need!

January 1st

Grams of Protein:
Ounces of Water: 64
Daily Steps: 4587
Mindful Eating Choices:
Like Karen, I really need a reset to figure out actual vs. head hunger. So, I went with timed meals and mostly what would be considered full liquid, with the exception of dinner.
Self-Care Decisions: Took the stairs up to the 3rd floor instead of the elevator. Turns out I really need some physical activity!!!

Could someone define, using numbers or percentages, what exercise and habit tracker mean? I find these terms vague and foreign.
Both are usually apps that allow you to set goals and track your progress. A fitness example is the standard 10K steps per day. The app tracks your progress, can remind you to take a certain number of steps each hour and celebrates when you meet your goal.

Could someone define, using numbers or percentages, what exercise and habit tracker mean? I find these terms vague and foreign.
The Habit Tracker is something I started doing the beginning of last year that people were doing when following Erin Branscom who runs My Level 10 Life on YouTube. I've posted a sample Habit Tracker before but I'm happy to do it again. It gets totally tailored by the individual who puts down what habits they need or want to do. Here's a list of what some people put on in and some that I do (in no particular order):
Daily to-do list
Support Group
Exercise/Movement
Protein Goal
Water Goal
Mindful Eating
Vitamins
Gratitude/Prayer
Journaling
Self-care
Sleep 7-8 hr min
Meditation
Fruit/Veggies
Stop eating before full
Declutter
CPAP
No spending $
Skin Care Routine
Weigh in day (once or twice a week)

Like I said, it's whatever you need to work on because you want to make sure you do it every day. You can use checkmarks or color each box in a different color each day. While it is nice to aim for every box checked, an unchecked box here or there is fine because we aren't perfect.

Attached is a blank Habit Tracker. As for the other things you mentioned, not sure what the other things you were asking about are.

Attachments

• Habit-Tracker.pdf
    274.1 KB · Views: 77
Happy 2022! May we finally find the peace and joy we need!

January 1st

Grams of Protein:
Ounces of Water: 64
Daily Steps: 4587
Mindful Eating Choices:
Like Karen, I really need a reset to figure out actual vs. head hunger. So, I went with timed meals and mostly what would be considered full liquid, with the exception of dinner.
Self-Care Decisions: Took the stairs up to the 3rd floor instead of the elevator. Turns out I really need some physical activity!!!
Thank you Missy for mentioning steps & stairs. If I can find an inexpensive pedometer (maybe Wally World?), I'd like to become more mindful of my daily steps. Also, I have a stairwell about 10 feet from my doorway. I am going to start trying to build up my stamina on them, that is, if my knees will let me. I swear I always get gems of wisdom from this website! :)

Thank you Missy for mentioning steps & stairs. If I can find an inexpensive pedometer (maybe Wally World?), I'd like to become more mindful of my daily steps. Also, I have a stairwell about 10 feet from my doorway. I am going to start trying to build up my stamina on them, that is, if my knees will let me. I swear I always get gems of wisdom from this website! :)
A lot of smart phones have pedometers built in.

January 2nd

Grams of Protein:
Ounces of Water: 56
Daily Steps: 10993
Mindful Eating Choices: I made it a point to eat slowly and try to savor the flavors of what I was eating.
Self-Care Decisions: Prepped some easy to go lunches/snacks for a few days. And roasted a chicken for dinner so I can have homemade chicken noodle soup since it's SO DAMN COLD lol

January 2nd

Grams of Protein:
Ounces of Water: 56
Daily Steps: 10993
Mindful Eating Choices: I made it a point to eat slowly and try to savor the flavors of what I was eating.
Self-Care Decisions: Prepped some easy to go lunches/snacks for a few days. And roasted a chicken for dinner so I can have homemade chicken noodle soup since it's SO DAMN COLD lol
Hey Missy, is it ok for me to ask how to get 100+ grams of protein in? Other than supplemental protein shakes, I have trouble getting 50-60 gms or more. I would appreciate your suggestions if you don't mind. If you'd rather not, that's cool. Not trying to be nosy on my part, just looking for good ideas. Thank you!

Sunday Jan 2nd:

Mindful Eating:
Yes
Protein: Yes
Water: Yes
Exercise/Movement: Yes
Habit tracker: 14/14

Note to Missy: I am making homemade chicken soup today too! I wanted to make it over the weekend but our store had a shortage of chickens last week! Luckily they were restocked yesterday. And later this week I am going to make your Beef Bourguignon recipe because I finally have an open bottle of wine!

Back