• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

January challenge

I'm not judging you but just concerned, are you feeling okay? I remember you said you were sick earlier in the week.
Thank you for asking Judy today is the first day I feel like I will live. LOL My head hurt so bad I would not walk around too much and food was only making me sick. I can drink today without feeling sick. Have 32 oz in at right before 7am.

I lost 7 lbs but know they will come back as soon as I get my water in again. LOL

January 3rd

Grams of Protein:
Ounces of Water: 80
Daily Steps: 9483
Mindful Eating Choices: I wanted a snack .. not sure I was actually hungry but could not get food out of my mind. So, I had roasted cauliflower. I did fry it with a 1/2 t. of olive oil, but it got a nice crunch and was very filling.
Self-Care Decisions: See above. AND I took the stairs again today.

Hey Missy, is it ok for me to ask how to get 100+ grams of protein in? Other than supplemental protein shakes, I have trouble getting 50-60 gms or more. I would appreciate your suggestions if you don't mind. If you'd rather not, that's cool. Not trying to be nosy on my part, just looking for good ideas. Thank you!

No problem. I'll just list what I ate.

6g Hard Boiled Egg (1)
11g Fairlife Milk 8 oz
30g Fairlife Protein Shake 11.5oz
18g Overnight Oats 3/4 C.
20g Roast Chicken 3oz
1g. Cauliflower 2 florets
1g. Sugar Free Jello
13g Protein Yogurt

Which is only 100 .. turns out the "recipe" I saved for iced coffee (which is really only 2oz milk and splenda) saved as a full cup of milk so I had a bit less.

I make my overnight oats with protein milk, protein yogurt and protein powder.

No problem. I'll just list what I ate.

6g Hard Boiled Egg (1)
11g Fairlife Milk 8 oz
30g Fairlife Protein Shake 11.5oz
18g Overnight Oats 3/4 C.
20g Roast Chicken 3oz
1g. Cauliflower 2 florets
1g. Sugar Free Jello
13g Protein Yogurt

Which is only 100 .. turns out the "recipe" I saved for iced coffee (which is really only 2oz milk and splenda) saved as a full cup of milk so I had a bit less.

I make my overnight oats with protein milk, protein yogurt and protein powder.
Thank you Missy for the list. I must try harder to get enough protein in. I really struggle with that, and I know I need to commit more to include it at higher levels.

I struggled for long time to get proteins up

100 gr protein

Special k 13 gr protein
1/2 cup fairlife 2% milk 7 gr protein
Pure protein chewy chocolate chip bar 20 gr protein
P3 protein snack 13 gr protein
Pure protein chocolate peanut butter 20 gr
Cheeseburger patty 23 gr protein
1 cup green grapes fiber
Quest chocolate chip cookie 15 gr protein

100 gr protein

Special k 13 gr protein
1 cup green grapes fiber
Oh wow thanks Roni. That list sounds like a chocolate lover's dream, and having that much protein as an added bonus makes it amazing! I am on board with this suggestion 100%!!! ❤❤

100 gr protein

Special k 13 gr protein
1 cup green grapes fiber
I LOVE the Quest Chocolate chip cookies! I need to get more. Great sweet treat!

January 4th

Grams of Protein:
Ounces of Water: 48
Daily Steps: 7154
Mindful Eating Choices: Not so much. I seemed to be extra hungry yesterday and ate more carbs and calories than I would have liked.
Self-Care Decisions: After inputting my food and seeing I was over my ideal calories/carbs, I stopped eating. I usually have an evening snack but skipped it and chewed a piece of sugar free gum instead. A bad decision does not have to turn into a bad day/week/month/life!

Tuesday, Jan 4

Mindful Eating:
Yes *
Protein: Yes
Water: Yes
Exercise/Movement: Yes *
Habit tracker: 14/14

* Just so I am totally accountable, while I did stick to my habits my intake of food was higher. I had to wake up at 5 am for my husband's cataract surgery yesterday which was scheduled for 6:45. I dropped him off and then went back home and had my breakfast which was way earlier than my norm. Doing everything so early made me very hungry later in the morning. Instead of reaching for something I shouldn't (which was a big temptation), I stuck to my food plan and chose snacks from my approved list which I normally don't have until afternoon. Then mid afternoon I added in a good sized salad as a snack and that helped me get through until dinner.

January 4th

Grams of Protein:
Ounces of Water: 48
Daily Steps: 7154
Mindful Eating Choices: Not so much. I seemed to be extra hungry yesterday and ate more carbs and calories than I would have liked.
Self-Care Decisions: After inputting my food and seeing I was over my ideal calories/carbs, I stopped eating. I usually have an evening snack but skipped it and chewed a piece of sugar free gum instead. A bad decision does not have to turn into a bad day/week/month/life!
Missy Gum does nothing too you? I was told I could not have gum ever again. I do not even know why. Maybe I did at one time but I do not know why now. I would love to have some gum.

Missy Gum does nothing too you? I was told I could not have gum ever again. I do not even know why. Maybe I did at one time but I do not know why now. I would love to have some gum.
A lot of people are told they can or can't have this or that. I honestly don't understand where medical professionals come up with this stuff

Why would gum be forbidden? You're not swallowing the gum. You just chew the flavor out of it and swallow it in your own saliva.

You have my permission to add gum to your diet. I'm not a doctor or nutritionist but I have 14 years of hands-on experience, which is a lot more education than a lot of medical staff. And I enjoy gum whenever I feel like chewing it. Sugarless or otherwise, no problem.

Ask yourself if gum will harm you or please your palate. If you can't see any harm, listen to your own common sense.

Back